Unravel the threads of a poetic puzzle-adventure inspired by Ethiopian mythology.
THE MOVING TALE...
...of a mother, a blind child and an Egg, full of symbols and metaphors about hope, love, nature and everything that connects us.
• “Upon my first few minutes with EQQO, it was already apparent that this was going to be a unique experience.” Pure Nintendo
• “...a story that will linger past its conclusion, leaving you moved and perhaps a little more introspective than you were before.” Switch Player
AN IMMERSIVE PUZZLE-ADVENTURE...
...through sacred lands, ancient mechanisms and monumental edifices - additionally supporting the use of touch screen and gyroscope. It might take 3 to 5 hours to complete, depending on the optional search for the 25 hidden parchment scrolls that reveal new parts of the legend.
• "...a lovely, relaxing experience that will keep you playing right to the end.” Nintendo Life
• “...a lot of creativity in its design. It's worth checking out for those who want a unique puzzle experience...” The Gamer
REAL ORCHESTRA MUSIC...
...composed by Nicolas Bredin and performed by the prestigious Philharmonic Orchestra of Prague.
...to Ethiopian/African mythology, architecture and traditions such as the pilgrimage to the Rock-Hewn churches of Lalibela.
THE ECOLOGICAL IMPACT...
...of planting your own tree, both in-game and in real life, if you purchase the DLC #EqqoDonation
DEVELOPED BY Parallel Studio
“We aim to craft immersive and artistic games focusing on emotions. We hope you will enjoy EQQO and connect with the different layers of its story.” - Ronan Coiffec, founder of the Paris-based indie dev studio.
PUBLISHED BY Nakana.io
“We gather games that share a strong experience to remember. We try to grow real changes from the seeds of their message, like with the #EqqoDonation tree-planting DLC” - Mikaël Bourget, founder of the publishing label.
- Release date:
- February 07, 2020
- 1 player
- Adventure, Other, Education, Puzzle
- Parallel Studio
- Game file size:
- 751 MB
- Supported Languages:
- Japanese, English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese
- Supported Play Modes:
Software compatibility and play experience may differ on Nintendo Switch Lite. Additional accessories may be required (sold separately). See support for details.
Play online, access classic Super NES™ games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
When you purchase this DLC:
● You give Eqqo a beautiful tree under which he can peacefully nap. You will randomly receive in the game one of the five different trees that were designed - to share with the hashtag #EqqoDonation.
● Nakana.io will transfer their net revenues generated by your purchase to WeForest, a NGO planting trees, acting for reforestation and “making Earth cooler”.
“The #EqqoDonation DLC is our way to grow real ecological changes from the seeds disseminated by the game’s story and visibility – via your contribution.” - Parallel Studio & Nakana.io
Visit the website of Nakana.io to see in more detail how we use the money received from the DLC sales.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup.
© 2020 Nakana sp. z o.o. / Parallel Studio