Eight-Minute Empire is the super-quick area control game requiring tough decisions. It’s easy to learn and perfect for when you only have a few minutes.
Eight-Minute Empire, by Ryan Laukat, is a quick Civilization/Exploration game using card-driven area control.
In Eight-Minute Empire, 2-5 players take turns selecting a card from the six displayed. This card gives the player a resource, and also has an action which the player takes immediately. Actions help players take over the map, but the resources are worth points at the end of the game, so players have to balance the two aspects. Players spread across the map in order to collect points at the end of the game by having majority control in regions and continents.
• Recruit troops to strengthen your army
• Command your forces to acquire new provinces
• Challenge your friends all over the world
• Sail across the seas & build castles to expand your empire
• Eliminate enemy troops to weaken your adversaries
• Collect goods to increase your advantage[/list]
AWARDS & HONORS
Our digital adaptation:
• 2017 Golden Geek Best Board Game App Nominee
• 2017 Golden Geek Best Mobile/Handheld Nominee
The board game:
• 2013 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
• 2013 Golden Geek Best Print & Play Board Game Nominee
• 2014 Gioco dell’Anno Nominee
• 2014 Hra roku Nominee
Eight-Minute Empire: Complete Edition features all additional content released to date:
• Eight-Minute Empire base game
• Mountains Expansion
• Old Europe Map
• Archipelago of Azra Map
• Southern Plains Map
• Starfall Crater Map
• Isthmus of Gom Map
• official Eight-Minute Empire game
• great artwork
• ingame interactive tutorial
• languages: English, German, Dutch, Polish, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese Traditional and Simplified, Russian
• play with AI, with friends or both
• pass and play mode
• online cross platform multiplayer with synchronous and asynchronous modes
• opponents' last moves replay
• 3 levels of difficulty AIs with individual strategies
• different maps
• ambient sounds and music
• official rules plus extra additions
• unique, original board game feel on your Nintendo Switch™
• colorblind mode
• over 70 achievements
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Aug 27, 2019
- No. of Players
- up to 5 players
- File Size
- 273 MB
- Board Game, Multiplayer, Party, Strategy
- Acram Digital, Mobo Studio
- Supported Play Modes:
Get even more from your games with a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
This paid service gives you access to online play, a selection of NES™ games, cloud backup for your save data in compatible games, and more.
Learn more and sign up >
*If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
© Acram Digital & Red Raven Games
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.