Mario Hits the Mushroom Kingdom Jackpot
Bowser has once again kidnapped Princess Peach, but this time, Mario has another objective. The Mushroom Kingdom is bursting with more gold coins than before. Each level is littered with gold as coins rain down from overhead pipes, trails of coins are left behind special gold enemies and gold pipes transport Mario into coin-filled caverns. It's up to players to collect as many coins as possible throughout their adventure.
- The game records all the coins players collect throughout the game, so completing a level is only part of the fun. Every level is filled with golden opportunities, such as gold rings that turn enemies into valuable gold versions and a Gold Flower that gives Mario the ability to turn almost anything in his path into coins.
- Coin Rush Mode allows players to collect as many coins as possible across three levels and challenge friends to beat their record via StreetPass.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 is an all-new side-scrolling adventure game featuring Mario and Luigi. Two players who each own the game will have the option to play the entire game in two-player multiplayer mode using local wireless.
- The return of Raccoon Mario gives Mario the ability to fly and access hidden areas.
- Players will have the option to either purchase the game at retail stores or download the entire game through the Nintendo eShop.
In-game content available for purchase using stored account funds.
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- Aug 19, 2012
- No. of Players
- 2 players simultaneous
- Adventure, Side-Scrolling
This game has downloadable content (DLC) available, so you can keep the fun going!
You can purchase DLC from Nintendo eShop on your device.View DLC
Bundle up and save with this game + a Nintendo 2DS system
The New Super Mario Bros. 2 game comes preinstalled on specially marked packages of the Nintendo 2DS system. Get a great Super Mario game--and a great way to play it--for one low price!
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.