Let's play in programming! Create, Pop-up and Carry around!
SmileBASIC is a portable version of a programming language known as BASIC.
BASIC is a programming language designed to help beginners learn to program.
As soon as you start SmileBASIC, you can begin programming! When you're finished, you can play the game you made! Enjoy intuitive, trouble-free programming.
A Range of Versatile Instructions:
- Pictures and words that "pop out" from the screen!
- Information obtained from various different sensors
- Voice input and playback via the microphone
- Versus play using local wireless communication
- Draw instructions for lines and circles, filling, and more
- Music composition using MML
- SMILE Tool (for checking SE and character numbers)
- Paint Tool (for drawing characters and background images)
- Animation Tool (for creating flipbook animations)
- Mapping Tool (for arranging tiles to create maps)
- Waveform Tool (for sampling and creating waveforms)
Rich Sample Library:
- Characters and background images that can be used in a variety of contexts
- Over 100 sound effects and 40 BGM tunes
- Simple programs for helping to learn BASIC
- Technical samples that allow the user to check the execution results for each instruction
- Game samples created using advanced techniques
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- Oct 15, 2015
- No. of Players
- up to 4 players
- SmileBoom Co.Ltd.
- SmileBoom Co.Ltd.
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.