DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive EditionNintendo Switch
when you buy this game digitally.
You may also use Gold Points toward this purchase. Close x
points Learn more
You are the Luminary, the hunted hero who will protect the land from destruction in the latest RPG from the iconic DRAGON QUEST® series.
With a ragtag band of adventurers, you’ll engage in well-balanced, turn-based battles and embark on quests across the kingdom of Erdrea. Forge gear, develop party members’ skills, and alter their outfits without changing gear in this edition of the game! This version also lets you ride and attack with monsters on the field to earn experience points, as well as change between HD or 16-bit visuals, symphonic or synth music, and English or Japanese audio. Complete the tale with new character-focused stories, and travel to past DRAGON QUEST worlds!
Across the land, you’ll meet the mysterious Tockles—creatures that allow you to visit 2D, 16-bit versions of areas from popular entries in the series like DRAGON QUEST IV and DRAGON QUEST VIII! It’s fun to see these classic worlds reimagined in retro style, meshing perfectly with the main game’s 2D mode. Like all past DRAGON QUEST games, this one’s character designs are based on the signature style of famed artist Akira Toriyama. Paired with the voiced dialogue, the rich personalities of your most loyal companions and fiercest enemies are brought to life, so you can fully immerse yourself in this quest to discover the Luminary’s true heritage and awaken your power. For a greater challenge, start the game with the Draconian Quest setting, and capture your favorite moments with Photo Mode!
- A sprawling RPG with the most impressive scope in the DRAGON QUEST® series
- Complete the tale with new character-based stories that offer additional background
- Travel to past DRAGON QUEST® worlds, wear outfits without changing gear, and ride and attack with monsters!
- Change between HD or 16-bit graphics, synthesized or symphonic music, and English or Japanese voices
- Wage turn-based battles against monsters and bosses by commanding a party of adventurers
- Strategically combine your party members’ moves into special attacks with the Pep System
- Complete side-quests and mini-games while exploring the expansive terrains and cities of Erdrea
- The Draconian Quest difficulty setting offers an even greater challenge
- Snap shots of your favorite moments with Photo Mode
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Sep 27, 2019
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- File Size
- 13.9 GB
- SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
- Supported Play Modes:
*MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
*If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
© 2017, 2019 ARMOR PROJECT/BIRD STUDIO/SQUARE ENIX All Rights Reserved. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. © 2019 Nintendo.
Released Aug 21, 2019DLC details
Download the Champion's Pack DLC* which includes 5 sets of items that will aid and customize your grand and epic quest to save the world of Erdrea!
- Vests of Success Set – A special gift to thank you for playing the game! A pair of garments said to bring good fortune to anyone who wears them!
- Wolf Wear – A special gift to thank you for playing the game! A cool costume that makes Erik look more charismatic than ever!
- Baby Boar Set – A special gift to thank you for playing the game! Have some fun with one of Veronica’s favorite costumes!
- Trodain Set – A special gift to thank you for playing the game! Try on some traveler’s togs that will show our hero in another light!
- Happy Adventurer Set – A special gift to thank you for playing the game! Packed full of helpful items that are sure to come in handy over the course of your adventures!
*Full version of game required to use DLC. Sold separately.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.