Uh-oh, you're using an unsupported browser.
To view the screenshot gallery, upgrade to the latest version of either Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
Build Your Greatest Empire on Nintendo Switch™
Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of time. Explore a new land, research technology, conquer your enemies, and go head-to-head with history’s most renowned leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known.
And now on Nintendo Switch, the quest to victory in Civilization VI can take place wherever, whenever.
Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch includes the latest game updates and improvements and four pieces of additional content which adds four new civilizations, leaders, and scenarios:
•Vikings Scenario Pack
•Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
•Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
•Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
•PLAY YOUR WAY: The path to victory is the one you determine. Become the most scientifically advanced civilization, dominate through sheer military power, or become the foremost destination for the cultural arts.
•THE WORLD’S GREATEST LEADERS: Play as one of 24 different leaders from various countries around the world and throughout history. Build an empire of lucrative trade routes with Cleopatra of Egypt, flex the military might of your legions with Trajan of Rome, or develop a powerhouse of culture with Hojo Tokimune of Japan. Each of the leaders can be played any way you prefer, with unique abilities, units, and infrastructure in their quest for victory.
•EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map. Settle in uncharted lands, improve your surroundings, build new districts, and see your cities – and your civilization – prosper.
•ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.
•DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
•EXCITING AND UNIQUE SCENARIOS: Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch includes four playable scenarios, each with a different setting and style of gameplay inspired by history. Be part of the colonization of Australia in “Outback Tycoon,” defend Poland from invaders in “Jadwiga’s Legacy,” choose a Viking leader to conquer Europe in “Vikings, Raiders, and Traders!”, or conquer the known world in the “Conquests of Alexander.”
•COOPERATIVE AND COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER: Up to 4 players can cooperate or compete for supremacy via a wireless LAN.
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Nov 16, 2018
- No. of Players
- up to 4 players
- 2K Games
- Firaxis Games / Aspyr Media
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
©2018 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Sid Meier's Civilization, Civilization, Civ, 2K, Firaxis Games, Take-Two Interactive Software and their respective logos are all trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Released Nov 15, 2018DLC details
Jayavarman VII leads Khmer and Dyah Gitarja leads Indonesia in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI! Though each is versatile and unique, both civilizations bring new challengers to the religious game. Indonesia is a strong coastal civilization with potential for a huge Jong-powered navy, and the Khmer thrive in their populous riverside cities. Both of these civilizations come into play in the new “Path to Nirvana” scenario, where you compete to have the most followers of your religion on a unique Southeast Asia map.
Includes the Khmer civilization with Jayavarman VII, the Domrey unique unit, and the Prasat unique improvement.
• Civ Unique Ability: The “Grand Barays” ability gives Khmer additional food when Farms are built next to Aqueducts, and Aqueducts provide both Faith and an Amenity.
• Leader Unique Ability: Jayavarman’s “Monasteries of the King” ability lets Khmer grab adjacent territory as well as Food and Housing when Holy Sites are built on a river.
• Unique Unit: The Domrey, a ballista mounted on an elephant, is stronger than a Catapult, can move and shoot on the same turn, and exerts Zone of Control.
• Unique Building: The Prasat replaces the Temple and provides a Relic Great Work slot. Missionaries that are produced here gain a new attribute when killed in religious combat: they generate a Relic.
Also includes the Indonesian civilization with Dyah Gitarja, the Jong unique unit, and the Kampung unique improvement:
• Civ Unique Ability: With the “Great Nusantara” ability, Coastal Tiles provide Indonesia with minor adjacency bonuses for certain districts and Entertainment Complexes give an extra Amenity if they are adjacent to a non-lake Coastal Tile.
• Leader Unique Ability: Gitarja has the “Exalted Goddess of the Three Worlds” ability, granting bonus Faith to coastal cities and allowing her to purchase Naval units with Faith at a discount, as well as eliminating movement cost for Religious unit to embark or disembark.
• Unique Unit: Indonesia’s unique unit is the Jong, which replaces the Frigate. It is faster, gains extra combat power if it’s in a formation, and all of the units in its formation gain its movement speed.
• Unique Improvement: The Kampung provides Housing, Production and Food for each adjacent Fishing Boat, and can be improved through further tech research later in the game.
New “Path to Nirvana” Scenario:
• The lands around the Indian Ocean flourish with many religions and many people. Heaven has chosen you to bring the light to all these lands. Is your faith up to the challenge? In this 50 turn scenario, compete to have the most followers of your religion, the most faith per turn, and the most foreign cities following your religion.
• Angkor Wat: The largest religious monument in the world returns to Civilization! This temple must be built adjacent to an Aqueduct and provides Faith, plus it adds Housing and a Citizen to every one of the owner’s cities when built.
New Natural Wonder:
• Ha Long Bay: This breathtaking bay was designated one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2012, and provides Food, Production, and Culture, in addition to providing a large combat bonus to naval units in its tiles.
• Spread your empire through Southeast Asia in this new map, with a True Start and random location option.
Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Released Nov 15, 2018DLC details
Amanitore leads Nubia in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI! Nubia’s ranged units are strong, easy to build and quick promote, and they can use their unique Nubian Pyramid improvement to boost the construction and yield of districts. If you want to build a strong foundation early in the game for success, then Nubia is the right civ for you.
Includes the Nubian Civilization with Amanitore, the Pitati Archer unique unit, Nubian Pyramid unique improvement, and the new Jebel Barkal Wonder.
• Civ Unique Ability: Nubia gets bonus production towards Ranged units, and all Ranged units gain combat experience faster. Mines provide extra production over strategic resources, and extra gold over luxury resources.
• Leader Unique Ability: Amanitore gives Nubia bonus production towards building Districts, which can be boosted further if there is a Nubian Pyramid adjacent to the City Center.
• Unique Unit: The Pitati Archer replaces the Ancient Era Archer. It is stronger and faster than the ancient Archer and upgrades to Crossbowman.
• Unique Infrastructure: The Nubian Pyramid can be built on Desert, Desert Hills, or Floodplains, and provides Faith, as well as additional yields based on the adjacent District, or Food for the City Center.
New “Gifts of the Nile” Scenario:
• Choose Nubia or Egypt as you compete against the other civ to be the first to complete 7 Temples to Amun in this scenario set along the banks of the great Nile River.
• Includes unique rules and gameplay, and the Nile River is navigable by Naval units.
• 125 Turn limit.
New Jebel Barkal Wonder:
• This Wonder provides extra Faith to all nearby Cities, and must be built on Desert Hills.
Holiday Gift Guide
This game and many more are part of the Nintendo Holiday Gift Guide. Visit the site to receive helpful gift recommendations for your favorite gamers, or make your own wish list and share it with friends and family!
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.