Captain Toad stars in his own puzzling quest on the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems!
Our stubby hero must dodge dangers and track treasures across many trap-filled courses. Survive smoldering volcanoes, hazardous steam engines, haunted houses, and even new courses based on the Super Mario Odyssey™ game! Watch them come to life in stereoscopic 3D using the touch-controlled game camera.
Super Gems and Power Stars are hidden across each puzzling course you'll explore. As you reclaim the treasure stolen by the monstrous, greedy bird, Wingo, you'll eventually be able to play as Toadette! These tiny heroes will have to waddle, hide, pluck, chuck, and power-up through enemy-infested locales like towers, wild-west shanties, and Goomba waterparks—all bursting with goodies to find and secrets to unearth. It's all in the name of treasure! Aim your head-mounted flashlight at adventure!
- Crafty treasure-tracker Captain Toad is on his very own puzzling adventure.
- Explore new courses inspired by the Super Mario Odyssey™ game.
- Each course is a self-contained world full of tricks, traps, treasures, and other surprises!
- Waddle, hide, pluck, chuck, and power-up through enemy-infested volcanoes, steam engines, and more.
- Unearth secrets and collect goodies by viewing worlds from every angle
- Unlock and play as Toadette too!
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- Jul 13, 2018
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- Puzzle, Strategy
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
© 2014 - 2018 Nintendo. Captain Toad and Nintendo 3DS are trademarks of Nintendo.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.