Available Now Coming Jul 26, 2012
Roman Šebrle’s world record of 9026 points is shaking at its roots.
The time has come for a competition in the premiere athletic discipline – the decathlon.
After hard training only the most versatile athlete will win. Every error will be mercilessly penalized and the chance to create a new world record will vanish away in the London fog.
10 games in one: 100 meters sprint, long jump, shot put, high jump, 400 meters run, 110 meters hurdles, discus throw, pole vault, javelin throw, and finally the exhausting 1500 meters run.
In each discipline you control your athlete simply with the stylus, but you won’t succeed without proper timing, speed, and managing your stamina. Results achieved in individual disciplines are stored in a table and compared with the best world scores. The total score in the decathlon is calculated using a real-world formula, thus it is possible to accurately compare your score not only to the world record but also to the other athletes participating in the competition, including up to three friends with whom you take turns during the game.
Enjoy a stylish design which naturally complements the great playability of original sports games. But this time you don’t have to worry about breaking your joystick. During the track events you have to move the stylus with the correct frequency and not waste your stamina. When jumping, you have to attain the necessary speed and time your take-off correctly, and when throwing you won’t succeed without totally concentrating on your technique.
Only one athlete will get the gold medal for his country.
• 10 disciplines, a training mode, and a competition for the gold medal
• A visual assistant for easier training in the disciplines
• Accurate control using the stylus
• A selection of 32 national representations
• Game for 1 to 4 players
• A world records table
• A stylish design in the style of classic sporting games
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?