Available Now Coming Nov 22, 2011
You arrive in paradise, a beautiful resort on a tropical island where there's an abundance of sun, sand, and of course, fish!
Being on vacation, you're free to spend the time however you see fit - get up early in the morning to go deep sea fishing, participate in the many varied activities that the resort has, or just spend a lazy day touring the aquarium.
As the days pass and you become more familiar with the area and hone your fishing skills, you also get a sense of the best fishing spots that the island has to offer. Do you rent a bicycle and ride to a remote location to fish for trout by a waterfall? Or perhaps test your skill and luck by kayaking deep into the jungle to see what kinds of fish await? You can even scale the top of a local mountain to enter a different climate and go ice fishing - this is your vacation, the choice is completely up to you!
Fishing Resort is a fishing game that takes place on a large tropical paradise and uses the Wii Remote to mimic the action of casting and the Nunchuk for reeling. After customizing the appearance of his/her avatar, the player is free to do as they wish, whether it be checking the resort's bulletin board for daily activities and contests, participating in any of the over 20 fishing-related mini-games, or go trolling the high seas on a charter boat in search of really big game such as giant swordfish. Despite being an island, this paradise offers lakes, streams, and even ice fishing high in the mountains in addition to the deep and shallow sea fishing that's sure to keep the casual and hardcore fishing fans alike coming back for more as they try to catch the over 200 varieties of fish available.
• Use Wii Remote as the cast and Nunchuk as the reel
• Wherever there's water, you can fish
• Over 20 Fishing-Related Mini-games
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?