Unearth extreme adventure
The latest game in the Fossil Fighters series delivers a first: Players can now hop into their vehicles and drive around exotic locations to excavate fossils, which transform into real-life dinosaurs known as Vivosaurs. Players battle their Vivosaur with wild Vivosaurs they encounter on digging adventures.
- While driving, set off radar blasts to help discover dinosaur fossils. Different buggies possess different features. A racing buggy, for example, goes fast and allows players to reach faraway places, while a carrier buggy is great for transporting more items.
- Unearth ancient dinosaur fossils that come to life and transform into Vivosaurs. Clean fossils using tools like hammers and drills on the Nintendo 3DS touch screen, but don’t be hasty: Carefully cleaning fossils makes the transformed Vivosaur more effective when it comes time to battle.
- Using local online play, players can explore and excavate the dig sites as a three-player team.
- Bring the Vivosaur you are training to join six-player local and online Vivosaur battles*, fighting three-on-three in a stadium.
*Wireless broadband Internet access is required for online play. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com. Additional games and systems are required for multiplayer mode and are sold separately.
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- Mar 20, 2015
- No. of Players
- up to 6 players
- Red Entertainment Corp. / Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.