Ace Attorney and Ace Investigator Join Forces!
This game made the top 10 in Club Nintendo's Fan Faves 2014 survey! Learn more >
Two of gaming's biggest sleuths team up to solve the most puzzling mystery they have ever encountered. For the first time ever, the mind-bending puzzles of the Professor Layton series meet the courtroom drama of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.
- Follow Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright as they are transported from London to the mystical city of Labyrinthia, where they must help Espella Cantabella, a girl accused of being a witch.
- Two different game-play styles work together in unexpected ways. Solve puzzles familiar to fans of the Professor Layton series in Adventure mode to move the story forward, and then cross-examine witnesses as Phoenix Wright in Trial mode.
- Phoenix Wright must be on his toes for group cross-examinations. Pit one person's testimony against another's to get the story straight, and then literally rewrite history alongside the city's greatest puzzle-solving duo.
- Listen to the gorgeous musical score by the original composers from both series, combining the vivid sounds of Professor Layton with the dramatic themes of the Phoenix Wright games.
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- Aug 29, 2014
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- Puzzle, Strategy
- LEVEL-5 / Capcom
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.