The evolution of 2D Action games!! When lightning strikes, a new legend will be born.
"Azure Striker GUNVOLT" is a 2D side-scrolling action game. The heroe's agility and control over lightning create a fresh approach to the genre that gives the player a unique feeling of speed and power.
- Pierce your enemies with the devastating power of lightning! Gunvolt uses a lethal technique called “Flashfield”, which will always hit locked-on enemies. The more advanced players can try to reach a higher score by defeating 2 or more enemies at once.
- The song of the heroine "Lumen" gives power to Gunvolt! Even if Gunvolt during the battle, he can be revived by the song power of Lumen and fight again. And when player piles up scores without suffering damage, the background music turns into her song.
- At the end of each stage, a powerful boss will be awaiting the player! Fully voiced mid-battle conversations increase the player's excitement exponentially.
Azure Striker Gunvolt has been recharged and loaded up with brand new features!
- Beat the game to unlock the new Boss Rush mission! Get 1000+ Kudos during Boss Rush to hear the English version of Beyond the Blue!
- Lumen’s brand new song “Sakura Efflorescence” now plays during normal mission playthroughs!
- Use the ZL Button and ZR Button to change your weapon on the fly! Enjoy higher CPU power and shorter loading times too!
- Transfer save data from the demo version to the full version while retaining all items and credits!
- Various big fixes have been implemented.
Update your game now and enjoy the charged up Version 1.2!
*To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
*If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.