Available Now Coming Nov 13, 2006
Yoshi's Island DS
It takes both screens of the Nintendo DS to capture the spectacular scenery of Yoshi's Island!
Return to the colorful wilds of Yoshi’s Island in a new platforming adventure for Nintendo DS.
A mysterious floating island has suddenly appeared over peaceful Yoshi’s Island. Soon after its arrival, a gaggle of kids vanishes from the island school. Thankfully, Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Baby Donkey Kong and Baby Wario manage to avoid being kidnapped. Now, Yoshi and the four young superstars must set out on a wild and colorful quest to rescue the kids and investigate the ominous island hovering overhead. Thanks to the power of Nintendo DS, all of the lush vistas and perilous paths of Yoshi's Island span two screens.
The Yoshis populating this wild and mysterious island take turns transporting the babies. Each baby gives Yoshi access to unique powers while they cling to his back: Baby Mario gives Yoshi speed; Baby DK gives him strength and the ability to climb vines; with her umbrella, Baby Peach gives him the ability to float high, and Baby Wario gives him magnetism (perfect for grabbing grown-up Wario's favorite things: coins!).
Classic enemies are back, as are many all-new ones. Yoshi's Island DS makes great use of the double screens. Scroll up and down to see what lives above and beneath. Hurl eggs at objects on the top screen and tackle super-tall enemies that fill both screens.
Yoshi's Island DS sets a new standard on replayability. Hidden in every level are flowers, stars, red coins, and character coins, so even after you finish the game, the terrific sense of surprise continues. Enjoy the many minigames and bonus levels, too!
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?