Pokémon HeartGold VersionNintendo DS
Uh-oh, you're using an unsupported browser.
To view the screenshot gallery, upgrade to the latest version of either Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
Return to the beloved Johto region first introduced in the Pokémon Gold and Silver Version games for the portable Game Boy™ system. Several new enhancements for the series, such as updated graphics and touch screen features, enrich these timeless adventures, and the new Pokéwalker™ accessory allows players to take their favorite Pokémon with them wherever they go. Both games feature detailed graphics that spotlight the unique environments and hundreds of Pokémon that players can encounter and catch. Players can even see and interact with their favorite Pokémon outside of battle, selecting one from their team to follow behind them as they travel through the Johto region.
- Players become a Pokémon Trainer, traveling from town to town across the Johto region on an adventure to catch, train and battle Pokémon.
- Players can take their favorite Pokémon with them wherever they go using the new Pokéwalker accessory. Wirelessly transfer a Pokémon to the Pokéwalker and walk them through virtual routes as the player walks around in real life. By walking, players earn Watts that can be used to encounter and catch wild Pokémon or search for hidden items. The Pokémon in the Pokéwalker will gain experience points as the player walks, and can even go up one level when they are transferred back into the game. Players also can wirelessly connect two Pokéwalkers to get special gifts.
- For the first time, any Pokémon can follow players on their journey outside of the Poké Ball. Your favorite Pokémon can always be at your side!
- Players with a wireless broadband connection can interact with their friends who have either the Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver Version game to trade or battle Pokémon via the Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection service. Players can also battle and trade with others via a local wireless connection.
- An internal clock keeps track of the time of day and the day of the week. Some special events will only happen on certain days or at certain times of day.
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- Nintendo DS
- Release Date
- Mar 14, 2010
- No. of Players
- To be determined