Picross 3DNintendo DS
Think in 3D with this unique portable puzzle experience.
Picross 3D™ is the sequel to the popular Picross DS™ puzzle game. The original game was a number-based grid puzzle that challenged players to reveal a hidden picture. Picross 3D moves the action into three dimensions. Picross 3D blends the logical challenge of a sudoku puzzle with the excitement of discovering the hidden images within.
- Players start with a solid block of cubes marked with numbers on the end of each row. If the number five is marked on the end of a row of six blocks, for example, one of those blocks must be eliminated. But which one? Players must deduce the answer based on the numbers marked on other rows.
- Players tap a chisel to eliminate blocks they think don’t belong or use a paintbrush to mark ones they think should stay.
- Once all the appropriate blocks have been chipped away, a fun object will be revealed. There are more than 350 objects to discover in the game.
- Picross 3D lets players create their own customized puzzles. Players can either share their creations with other Picross 3D players via a local wireless connection or use their broadband Internet connection and Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection to submit their puzzles into a weekly contest. Winners will have their puzzles featured in free weekly downloads available to all Picross 3D players.
- If multiple people want to play Picross 3D, game owners can also send a few sample puzzles to others via DS Download Play without the need of a second game card.
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- Nintendo DS
- Release Date
- May 03, 2010
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- HAL Laboratory, Inc.