Available Now Coming Feb 21, 2014
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
It’s on Like Donkey Kong on Wii U!
Help Donkey Kong and his friends save their home and banana hoard from marauding Vikings in the Donkey Kong Country™: Tropical Freeze game from Retro Studios. All the challenging ground-pounding, barrel-blasting, side-scrolling mine cart action from the Donkey Kong Country series is back along with a bushel of new game play elements and features.
- Dixie Kong is back to join the adventure as a playable character alongside Diddy Kong. Either can buddy up with Donkey Kong, and each character offers a different game play experience.
- Explore new dynamic levels that twist, turn, and transform in new ways. Enjoy spectacular views from the dynamic rotating camera.
- On their journey to reclaim Donkey Kong Island, Donkey Kong and his friends travel across five islands with a variety of stages that include underwater areas and frozen environments.
- Enhance Donkey Kong's exploration and unlock secrets with a variety of new moves, including a "plucking" system to pull items right out of the ground.
- Team up with friends in a cooperative multiplayer mode that lets two players share in the fun together. (Additional accessories required for multiplayer mode and sold separately.)
Starting on April 3rd, 2014, Nintendo will begin distributing an update (Update Ver. 1.1.0) for the Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze game. Please launch the game on a Wii U console that is already connected to the Internet to download the update data.
For more information, please consult the following link: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5511/p/431
Price effective March 11, 2016.
- System Wii U
- Release Date Feb 21, 2014
- No. of Players 2 players simultaneous
- Category Platformer
- DeveloperRetro Studios
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?