Available Now Coming Nov 18, 2012
Skylanders Giants Wii U
Skylanders Giants™ builds upon the breakthrough fundamentals of Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure™—merging the physical and virtual realms with an innovative line of cross-platform toys with “brains,” which players everywhere can magically bring to life in the world of Skylands.
Using the mystical Portal of Power®, players once again lead a team of heroic Skylanders in an all new adventure to save their world. Portal Masters will journey through new areas of Skylands, encountering new enemies, solving fun puzzles, overcoming different hazards and obstacles, and finding a variety of collectable rewards and treasure.
Skylanders Giants introduces sixteen new characters to build on the magic of Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure, including super-sized Giants with powers to match, as well as the new LightCore™ Skylanders that light-up in the game and in the real-world as players’ transport them to Skylands using the Portal of Power that builds on the magic of the toys. Additionally, the game features new Hero Challenges, more Battle Mode gameplay, and advanced integration across console, handheld, mobile and Skylanders UniverseSM.
- Giants: More than twice the size of regular Skylanders, the Giants use their colossal scale and power to battle enemies, solve unique puzzles, and interact in the game world like never before!
- LightCore Skylanders: Amplifying the real-world magic of bringing toys to life, Skylanders Giants introduces the LightCore Skylanders that light-up in the game world and in the real world as players’ transport them into Skylands using the Portal of Power. LightCore Skylanders feature additional in-game benefits, and require no batteries!
- Brand New Skylanders: New Skylanders join the adventure in Skylanders Giants each equipped with their own unique personality, powers, and abilities that kids are sure to love!
- Series 2 Skylanders: Fan-favorite Skylanders from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure return in an all new way in Skylanders Giants! Each Series 2 Skylander features an all new “Wow Pow” upgrade power, as well as the choice of more than one upgrade path! Fans can even play with their Series 2 Skylanders in Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure!
- Forward Compatibility: All of the beloved characters from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure are 100% compatible with Skylanders Giants, each of their abilities and upgrades intact. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure characters can even increase their level cap from Level 10 to Level 15 in Skylanders Giants!
- Wider Worlds: Portal Masters will see all new arenas and additional gameplay options in Battle Mode for exciting head-to-head play, as well as enhanced Elemental Zones, new Hero Challenges, and other features that encourage players to collect and level-up every character. Skylanders Giants also features closer integration with Skylanders Universe - the large online world that allows Portal Masters everywhere to greatly expand their Skylanders experience.
- System Wii U
- Release Date Nov 18, 2012
- No. of Players 2 players simultaneous
- Category Action
- PublisherActivision Publishing, Inc.
- DeveloperVicarious Visions, Inc
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?