Get Steamed Up!
In the Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. game, you will launch S.T.E.A.M. (Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace), an elite team of steam-powered special-forces soldiers, to save the world from an alien menace. In this new blend of action and strategy, your commandos use steam power stored in special backpacks to move into position and fire an arsenal of distinct weapons. Pick your team members and load out, then use strategy to decide the best way to approach this steampunk-inspired battlefield.
Update: A new software update has been made available for the Code Name: S.T.E.A.M game that includes functionality to fast-forward the enemy’s turn in the game. We recommend that all Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. players download and install this update. For more information, please visit Support.
- Experience a new, steampunk-inspired turn-based action strategy game from Intelligent Systems, the company behind classics like Advance Wars and Fire Emblem.
- Outflank and outshoot the enemy in a fully 3D battlefield. To defeat aliens, you have to take cover, set up ambushes and unleash crossfires and counter-attacks.
- An unexpected cast of characters leaps to life in stylized 3D graphics and comic-book-style cinematics.
- Harness the power of steam, which plays a vital role to power the world, including powering movement and weapon use. Managing steam reserves is key to strategy.
- Battle through alien-infested maps using a four-member team comprised of diverse characters that have unique abilities and weapons.
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- Mar 13, 2015
- No. of Players
- 2 players simultaneous
- Action, Strategy
- Intelligent Systems
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
This game is compatible with amiibo.
Just tap in an amiibo accessory to score new characters, game modes, or other perks!
See all compatible amiibo
Figures shown not actual size and designs may vary. Compatibility and functionality of amiibo may vary per game. Software updates may be required.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.