Next Up HeroNintendo Switch
From the halls of the Academy to the heart of the Spiral Shards, the Spoken World has come under attack by the Ceaseless Dirge.
You must answer the call of Heroes and strike back, but be warned. These mechs and monsters may look cute, but they are deadly. You will lose countless lives. But here in the Spoken World, heroes never die -- they echo for eternity.
From the executive producer of Scribblenauts, Next Up Hero is a white-knuckle co-op dungeon crawler built on Community Continue. Every time a hero dies, they leave behind an echo, which can be raised by future heroes to fight again. The more heroes who fight and die, the more echoes available to fight by your side, and the stronger we all become.
Choose from eleven hand-drawn Heroes and unleash their weapons of mass ridiculousness, including boomerangs, bongo drums, and remote kitty bombs. Play solo or with a co-op partner in fast-paced, tag-team ventures as you combine with the entire Next Up Hero community to defeat the Ceaseless Dirge once and for all.
Next Up Hero is the first original game from Digital Continue, founded by Joe Tringali, the co-founder of 5TH Cell, creators of Scribblenauts, Lock’s Quest and Drawn to Life.
- Community Continue - Engage in a cutting-edge style of cooperative play where beating levels is a shared achievement across an entire community of heroes.
- Become Max-Level Legend - Upgrade your character’s attack and defense with rare magical items like the GunSword, the Bracelet McBirdface, and the Mysterious Hat.
- Dungeon Maker - Challenge the community by creating your own insane dungeons. Choose the number of levels, level types, bosses, and enemy types. If a player beats your dungeon, they receive a rare item. If they fail, the treasure is yours.
- White Knuckle Co-op - Invite a friend to fight the Ceaseless Dirge. Double the mayhem, double the fun.
- Hand-Drawn Heroes - The legendary heroes of the Spoken World are hand-drawn for maximum cuteness by Digital Continue artists.
- Weapons of Mass Ridiculousness - Boomerangs, bongo drums, and cat bombs -- choose wisely.
- Champion Trial - The toughest ventures yet. To have any chance of survival, you must max your Hero’s Prestige Level, equip multiple enemy abilities, and call forth the Echoes of the entire community to complete the Trial and unlock the most powerful Items in the game. You will probably die.
- Nintendo Switch
- Release Date
- Q2 2018
- No. of Players
- 2 players simultaneous
- Action, Adventure, Arcade
- Aspyr Media, Inc.
- Digital Continue
© 2018 Aspyr Media, Inc. Next Up Hero developed by Digital Continue, published by Aspyr. Aspyr is a registered trademark of Aspyr Media, Inc., and the Aspyr star logo is a trademark of Aspyr Media. Next Up Hero is a registered trademark of Digital Continue. All other marks and logos are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.