Available Now Coming Dec 27, 2012
A steel ball and 22 football players on springs in shallow dips; a pitch surrounded by barriers and with a goal at each end.
It's a concept that's been around for a hundred years and which still sees matches decided on quick combinations and accurate shots on goal. When possession is lost, it becomes your opponent's turn. The game is controlled using the stylus, which allows players to accurately aim and determine the power of a pass or shot. Players are selected by their heads, pulled back and released. The game's physics engine ensures smooth, realistic travel of the ball around the pitch, either delivering it into the goal or to another player.
However, it's also possible to inject the mechanics of this turn-based game with a shot of adrenaline. Just imagine replacing the ball with a time bomb. Passes have to be faster and even more accurate. Plus, intentionally losing possession of the ball at a key moment becomes a strategical option in a match. A player unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of the time bomb's blast has to leave the field and you can only hope your goalkeeper doesn't meet a similar fate.
Goooooal América features several game modes. In addition to standard matches or matches with time bombs, you can choose a single-player match, a two-player match, a 16-team tournament, and even a demanding campaign packed full of challenging tasks in which you can win various achievements.
The game can be customised with many various settings, including overall difficulty, a goal limit and the respawning of players blasted by time bombs. Plus, you can, of course, also choose your team's strip and the game automatically selects between dark and light variants.
- A table-top football game.
- Play against the computer or a friend.
- An authentic simulation of a real table-top football game, with players on springs, playing with a steel football.
- A turn-based game in which a player's go ends with loss of possession.
- Features an innovative ARCADE mode: Replace the football with a time bomb and send the opponent's players to the bench!
- Physics-based simulation of ball travel over an uneven pitch.
- Play single matches, tournaments or skill campaigns featuring 20 objectives.
- Win exciting achievements.
- Choose from 16 national teams – those competing in this year's Championship.
- Special edition Goooooal América features the following teams: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?