A steel ball and 22 football players on springs in shallow dips; a pitch surrounded by barriers and with a goal at each end.
It's a concept that's been around for a hundred years and which still sees matches decided on quick combinations and accurate shots on goal. When possession is lost, it becomes your opponent's turn. The game is controlled using the stylus, which allows players to accurately aim and determine the power of a pass or shot. Players are selected by their heads, pulled back and released. The game's physics engine ensures smooth, realistic travel of the ball around the pitch, either delivering it into the goal or to another player.
However, it's also possible to inject the mechanics of this turn-based game with a shot of adrenaline. Just imagine replacing the ball with a time bomb. Passes have to be faster and even more accurate. Plus, intentionally losing possession of the ball at a key moment becomes a strategical option in a match. A player unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of the time bomb's blast has to leave the field and you can only hope your goalkeeper doesn't meet a similar fate.
Goooooal América features several game modes. In addition to standard matches or matches with time bombs, you can choose a single-player match, a two-player match, a 16-team tournament, and even a demanding campaign packed full of challenging tasks in which you can win various achievements.
The game can be customised with many various settings, including overall difficulty, a goal limit and the respawning of players blasted by time bombs. Plus, you can, of course, also choose your team's strip and the game automatically selects between dark and light variants.
- A table-top football game.
- Play against the computer or a friend.
- An authentic simulation of a real table-top football game, with players on springs, playing with a steel football.
- A turn-based game in which a player's go ends with loss of possession.
- Features an innovative ARCADE mode: Replace the football with a time bomb and send the opponent's players to the bench!
- Physics-based simulation of ball travel over an uneven pitch.
- Play single matches, tournaments or skill campaigns featuring 20 objectives.
- Win exciting achievements.
- Choose from 16 national teams – those competing in this year's Championship.
- Special edition Goooooal América features the following teams: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela.
- Nintendo DS
- Release Date
- Dec 27, 2012
- No. of Players
- 2 players alternating
- Racing, Sports
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.