Professor Layton and the Diabolical BoxNintendo DS
A new mystery is afoot—Professor Layton needs your help.
• Tap your brainpower to tackle over 150 puzzles
• Solve all types, from logic puzzles to riddles
• Simple stylus controls make the game hard to put down
Puzzle master Professor Layton and his apprentice, Luke, have stumbled upon another mystery. It’s up to them to navigate their way through numerous puzzles to determine who – or what – caused the death of Professor Layton’s mentor, Dr. Schrader. Was it the mysterious Elysian Box, rumored to kill all who open it? Professor Layton and Luke find a train ticket for the Molentary Express, a clue that begins their adventure.
- Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box™ features a riveting new mystery and more than 150 new brain teasers, riddles and logic puzzles that challenged and delighted players in the first game.
- Beyond the puzzles found in the game, players with a broadband Internet connection who connect their Nintendo DS™ systems to Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection will get access to downloadable bonus puzzles. A new puzzle will be available each week for 33 weeks after the game launches.
- The new game includes a significantly greater amount of voice work and animated movie scenes compared to the original.
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- Nintendo DS
- Release Date
- Aug 24, 2009
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- Puzzles, Adventure