Mario and Sonic go for the gold!
Join your favorite characters, from Mario and Sonic to Princess Peach and Amy, as they team up and compete in the most exciting sports events at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. Enjoy the thrill of 24 exciting events including bobsleigh, skiing, figure skating pairs, and even snowboard slopestyle, which will make its Olympic debut in Sochi, Russia.
Feel closer to the action than ever before with the first entry in the Mario & Sonic series to utilize the Wii U™ GamePad and Wii Remote™ Plus controllers. In Biathlon, a cross country skiing/shooting hybrid, you’ll even use both as you switch controllers on-the-fly to earn the coveted Gold Medal. In addition, take on Snow Day Street Hockey, Rollercoaster Bobsleigh, and more supercharged Dream Events that combine familiar sports with outrageous settings, rulesets, and extreme action! And for the first time, head online** for global competition to help earn top scores for your home country! Let the games begin!
- Select from your favorite characters including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Tails, Princess Peach, Amy, and more! Each character contains unique movements and stats
- Enjoy new events to the series like figure skating pairs and snowboard slopestyle, which will make its Olympic debut in Sochi, Russia
- Unique and intuitive controls bring you closer to the action. In bobsleigh, the captain of this four-player event tilts the Wii U GamePad controller like a steering wheel to guide the bobsleigh down the track while giving orders to teammates using Wii Remote Plus controllers
- Take part in supercharged Dream Events that take place in the worlds of Mario and Sonic and add surprising twists to familiar events
- Compete head-to-head in 4-player action* or demonstrate your team spirit in cooperative gameplay
- For the first time, compete in online multiplayer events to help your home country earn the best ranking! Country rankings can be viewed in-game based on high scores, adding a fun element of global competition
- Enjoy depth and replayability through additional modes. In Legends Showdown, contenders from the worlds of Mario and Sonic join forces in a fierce tournament-style competition, while Action & Answer Tour lets you compete with friends in Olympic events with a quiz-style twist
- Returning events take advantage of the Wii Remote Plus controller and Wii U GamePad
- High definition visuals intensify the experience
* Additional accessories required for multiplayer modes; sold separately
** Wireless broadband Internet access required for online play. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com.
- Wii U
- Release Date
- Nov 15, 2013
- No. of Players
- up to 4 players
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
You may also use My Nintendo Gold Points to purchase games for Nintendo Switch. Learn more about Gold Points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.