"The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses" Brings the "Master Quest" Tour Back to Canada in May
“The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses,” the beloved concert series that presents live orchestral performances of theme music from Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda franchise, is preparing for four more performances in Canada during its worldwide tour. Starting with a show on May 20th, 2015, concerts will appear in Edmonton, Vancouver, Calgary, and Montreal, bringing the new features of this year’s “Master Quest” to Zelda fans across Canada. This new edition of the symphony includes new music and visuals from the latest games in the series, with a remastered movement for The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, along with new inclusions from The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
Symphony of the Goddesses has become a worldwide phenomenon during this year’s tour with recent performances in Tokyo, Paris, Milan, Stockholm, and many other cities, and new locations have recently been added to the schedule, including New York, Philadelphia, Rome, Hamburg, Madrid, and beyond. The current concert schedule includes:
- Miami, Florida, James L Knight Center; May 5
- Edmonton, Alberta, Northern Jubilee; May 20
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Queen Elizabeth Theatre; May 22
- Calgary, Alberta, Southern Jubilee; May 23
- Montreal, Quebec, Place des Arts; May 30
- Las Vegas, Nevada, The Venetian; June 10
- Los Angeles, California, Walt Disney Concert Hall; June 14
- Austin, Texas, The Long Center PAC; June 20 (two shows)
- San Diego, California, Copley Symphony Hall; July 11
- Orlando, Florida, Dr. Phillips Center; June 18
- San Francisco, California, Davies Symphony Hall; Aug. 29
- Durham, North Carolina, Durham Performing Arts Center; Sep. 10
- St. Louis, Missouri, Powell Hall; Sep. 11, 12, 13
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Mann Center; Sep. 18
- Providence, Rhode Island, Providence Performing Arts Center; Sep. 25
- Chicago, Illinois, Auditorium Theatre; Oct. 1
- Indianapolis, Indiana, Old National Center; Oct. 2
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Milwaukee Theatre; Oct. 3
- New York City, Barclays Center; Oct. 13
More dates, full details, and tickets are available at http://zelda-symphony.com/pages/schedule.
The name Symphony of the Goddesses refers not only to the concert program but also to the four-movement symphony recounting the classic storylines from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. The performance also will highlight orchestral renditions of music from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Concerts will be performed by full orchestra and choir in world-class venues throughout the world.
Guests will enjoy their favorite moments from the carefully and beautifully timed performance with a gorgeous orchestral score approved by Nintendo sound director and The Legend of Zelda franchise composer Koji Kondo. The concert is a festive experience for all walks of fans, some of whom attend "cosplaying" events as their favorite characters.
Fans can view a complete tour schedule with ticketing information, and also sign up for a regularly updated digital newsletter, at http://zelda-symphony.com.