Get ready to play a near-infinite number of side-scrolling 2D Mario courses anytime, anywhere!
Earn in-game medals in 100 built-in courses and access recommended courses from the Super Mario Maker™ game on the Wii U™ console*. Plus, design courses and share them with other players via the StreetPass™ feature and local wireless**!
Want your cannons to shoot coins? Go for it! In this game, you call the shots, and simple touch-screen controls and interactive tutorials make designing courses a snap. Learn design tips and tricks from Mary O. and Yamamura, then share your masterpieces via the StreetPass™ feature and local wireless. Collaborating has never been easier now that you can share incomplete courses with other players. Finish off a course together and a special icon will commemorate the collaboration. That's one of many reasons that this is the must-play portable Mario™ game for inventive groups of friends and anyone yearning for never-ending Super Mario™ magic.
- Enjoy a nearly limitless supply of side-scrolling 2D Mario™ courses anytime, anywhere.
- Take on 100 built-in courses as you tackle the Super Mario Challenge.
- Create the Super Mario™ courses of your dreams!
- Play recommended courses from the Super Mario Maker™ game on the Wii U™ console and take on that game's 100 Mario Challenge.*
- Share courses with other players via the StreetPass™ feature and local wireless.**
- For the first time ever, collaborate to make special shared courses.
- Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date
- 02 Dec 2016
- No. of Players
- 1 player
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
*Not all levels created in Super Mario Maker for the Wii U console are compatible with this release. Wireless Internet access required in order to access the Wii U version's courses. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com.
**This game does not include an online-upload feature.
Game in 2D.
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.