Error Code: 51330
- Your Wii console is unable to connect online.
- Error message: "Unable to connect to the Internet."
- This error code indicates the authentication process between the Wii and wireless router or access point failed
- This is often caused by the router refusing a connection because an incorrect security key (also known as a WPA or WEP key) has been entered into the Wii Internet settings
What to Do:
- Change the security type in the Wii System Settings to WPA2 - PSK (AES) and test your Internet connection again. [How to]
If the Wii detected the incorrect security type during the initial set-up, simply updating this setting within your existing Internet connection may resolve the issue.
- If this setting was already pre-selected as WPA2-PSK (AES) try the connection test again, prior to continuing to the next step.
- Check your network's settings to ensure you are using the correct wireless password. [How to]
- Make note of both the wireless password and security type. Both need to be entered correctly into the Wii Settings.
- Update the Security Setting within the Wii Internet Settings. [How to]
- Review closely to ensure both the security type and password match the information you located during step 3.
- Once you have entered the correct password or key into your system, try the connection test again. If the problem persists, keep reading this page.
- Power cycle your router and modem, and then try again. [How to]
- Ensure the wireless mode within your router's settings is compatible with the Wii console. [How to]
- The Wii console supports the 802.11g and 802.11b wireless formats (also labeled as "Up to 54Mbps" in some routers).
- If the router is using a 802.11n only ("Up to 300Mbps"), you will need to change this setting to allow the Wii to connect to your home network.
- Change your router's channel setting to 1 or 11. [How to]
By default, most routers broadcast on channel 6, which overlaps with other channels and may be weaker.
Situation Not Resolved:
The prior steps resolve most issues that result in this error code; however if you are still unable to connect and would like additional troubleshooting, click here.
Alternatively, if you would like to work with a member of our support team, please contact us at support.nintendo.com/errorcodecontact.
Was this information helpful?