Error Code: 51300
The Nintendo 3DS system was unable to establish a connection to the router.
Are you using WEP security on your router?
- Log into the router using the default IP (consult your router's manual for assistance).
- If you are using 64-bit encryption, the WEP Key must be a 10-character key consisting of numbers or letters A through F.
- If you are using 128-bit encryption, the WEP Key must be a 26-character key consisting of numbers or letters A through F.
- The WEP Key must be a Hexadecimal (1-9, A-F, no other special characters or letters).
- Verify they are using the WEP Key in the first (#1) slot. Even though your router may have multiple slots, the Nintendo DS is only compatible with the WEP Key in slot #1.
Check for wireless interference, which can affect the signal strength to the Nintendo 3DS. To help minimize wireless interference, try the following:
- Make sure that the Nintendo 3DS is within 30 feet of the wireless access point and facing in its general direction.
- Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off.
Still stuck? We can help! We have an easy-to-follow guide that will walk you through the process of creating a new connection file and starting from scratch. Even if you're sure you've entered the correct security key, we suggest following our guide to create a new connection file and start over. If at the end you still need help, you'll find contact information to reach our specially-trained representatives.
Was this information helpful?