Important Safety Information
Throughout these instructions, you will see this symbol followed by WARNING or CAUTION, or you may see the term NOTICE. These terms have different levels of meaning as outlined below. Please read and understand these terms and the information that appears after them before using your Nintendo Switch system.
Warns you about incorrect use of this system that could result in serious personal injury.
Cautions you about incorrect use of this system that could result in personal injury or damage to the system, components, games, or accessories.
Informs you about incorrect use of the system that could result in damage to the system, components, games, or accessories.
WARNING - SEIZURES
- Some people (about 1 in 4,000) may have seizures or blackouts triggered by light flashes or patterns, and this may occur while they are watching TV or playing video games, even if they have never had a seizure before.
- Anyone who has had a seizure, loss of awareness, or other symptom linked to an epileptic condition should consult a doctor before playing a video game.
- Parents should watch their children play video games. Stop playing and consult a doctor if you or your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Eye or muscle twitching
- Loss of awareness
- Altered vision
- Involuntary movements
To reduce the likelihood of a seizure when playing video games:
- Sit or stand as far from the screen as possible.
- Play on the smallest available television screen.
- Do not play if you are tired or need sleep.
- Play in a well-lit place.
- Take a 10 to 15 minute break every hour.
WARNING - REPETITIVE MOTION INJURIES AND EYESTRAIN
Playing video games can make your muscles, joints, skin, or eyes hurt. Follow these instructions to avoid problems such as tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, skin irritation or eyestrain:
- Avoid excessive play. Parents should monitor their children for appropriate play.
- Take a 10 to 15 minute break every hour, even if you don't think you need it.
- If your hands, wrists, arms, or eyes become tired or sore while playing, or if you feel symptoms such as tingling, numbness, burning, or stiffness, stop and rest for several hours before playing again.
- If you continue to have any of the above symptoms or other discomfort during or after play, stop playing and see a doctor.
CAUTION - MOTION SICKNESS
Playing video games can cause motion sickness in some players. If you or your child feels dizzy or nauseous when playing video games, stop playing and rest. Do not drive or engage in other demanding activity until you feel better.
WARNING - ELECTRIC SHOCK
To avoid electric shock when you use this system:
- Please disconnect the AC adapter during a lightning storm. There may be a risk of electric shock from lightning.
- To minimize the risk of damage to the system, only use Nintendo-licensed AC adapters with your system.
- Do not use the AC adapter if it has damaged, split, or broken cords or wires.
- Make sure that the AC adapter cord is fully inserted into the wall outlet or extension cord.
- Always carefully disconnect all plugs by pulling on the plug and not on the cord.
DANGER - TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, CAREFULLY FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS
For connection to a supply not in the U.S.A., use an attachment plug adapter of the proper configuration for the power outlet, if needed.
WARNING - BATTERY LEAKAGE
The Nintendo Switch system and certain accessories contain a rechargeable lithium ion battery. Leakage of ingredients contained within the battery, or the combustion products of the ingredients, can cause personal injury as well as damage to your Nintendo Switch system. If battery leakage occurs, avoid contact with skin. If contact occurs, immediately wash thoroughly with soap and water. If liquid leaking from a battery comes into contact with your eyes, immediately flush thoroughly with water and see a doctor.
To avoid battery leakage:
- Do not expose battery to excessive physical shock, vibration, or liquids.
- Do not disassemble, attempt to repair, or deform the battery.
- Do not dispose of battery in a fire.
- Do not touch the terminals of the battery or cause a short between the terminals with a metal object.
WARNING - RADIO FREQUENCY INTERFERENCE
The Nintendo Switch system and accessories, including the Joy-Con™ controller, can emit radio waves that can affect the operation of nearby electronics, including cardiac pacemakers.
- Do not operate the Nintendo Switch system and accessories within 9 inches of a pacemaker.
- If you have a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use the Nintendo Switch system and accessories without first consulting your doctor or the manufacturer of your medical device.
CAUTION - USING HEADPHONES
When using headphones, set the volume at a safe level. Setting the volume too high may harm your hearing or damage the headphones.