The Legend of Zelda and Pikmin Headline Entertaining New Shows for Nintendo Video
Nintendo Video is ready to launch a fresh lineup of great new shows for the fall. The free video application for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems will debut new short-form videos starting Nov. 1 that will continue into 2014. Five new series have been slated, including two featuring The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3.
Owners who have downloaded the Nintendo Video application from the Nintendo eShop will automatically receive the new shows on their device, including:
- • The Legend of Zelda: The Misadventures of Link: This original series of comedic shorts shows Link, the series' star, in a new and hysterical light. His surroundings will be familiar to fans of the series, since the shorts are based on The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD game for the Wii U console.
- • Pikmin Nature Documentaries: These "nature documentaries" explore the wonderful world of the tiny Pikmin. The animations, highlighted by dramatic voiceover work, are a tongue-in-cheek take on safari nature shows.
- • Bravest Warriors: The latest hit show created by Pendleton Ward, the mind behind Adventure Time, follows four teenage heroes-for-hire as they warp through galaxies to save adorable aliens and their worlds using the power of their emotions. The series is produced by Frederator Studios and launched on the Cartoon Hangover channel on YouTube. New episodes of Bravest Warriors will appear every Friday on Nintendo Video.
- • Wildheart Riukiu: This new series of 3D shorts comes from the creator of Meat or Die, which has already amassed more than 5 million views on Nintendo Video. Wildheart Riukiu incorporates charming 16-bit graphics with some not-so-charming, but hilarious, characters. Think ninja puppets.
- • Bee and PuppyCat: A Cartoon Hangover Shorts fan favorite, this two-part series by Natasha Allegri follows Bee, an out-of-work 20-something who has a life-changing collision with a mysterious creature she names PuppyCat.
"This latest set of great new shows for Nintendo Video gives fans a unique way to enjoy two of their favorite Nintendo franchises, in addition to hand-picked series from some of the most imaginative and successful creators in the world of animation," said Tony Elison, Nintendo of America's senior director of Business Development.
Fred Siebert, founder and executive producer of Frederator Studios, producer of the new Bravest Warriors series, said, "Cartoon Hangover is honored to be part of Nintendo's entry into the new golden age of TV innovation."
Since launching in July 2011, Nintendo Video has delivered a variety of premiere and exclusive videos automatically to Nintendo 3DS owners. The Nintendo Video application is available to download for free from the Nintendo eShop.
For more information about Nintendo Video, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/nintendo-video. Remember that Nintendo 3DS features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
An Egg-cellent Yoshi Edition Nintendo 3DS XL System Launches on March 14
Launching on the same day as Yoshi's latest video game adventure, Yoshi's New Island, is a green Yoshi Edition Nintendo 3DS XL system that features an image of Yoshi on the front, as well as a series of cute Yoshi eggs on the back. Read more...
Travel the World with Professor Layton in His Puzzling New Nintendo 3DS Adventure
Puzzles can appear in the most unlikely of places. Take this press release, for example. Yes, it is announcing the upcoming launch of Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy for Nintendo 3DS in stores and on the Nintendo eShop on Feb. 28, but it also contains two puzzles that are ready for solving. Can you break the code and reveal the hidden messages? Read more...
Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DS and Wii to end in May
As of May 20, 2014, certain online functionality offered through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection will no longer be accessible. The discontinued services include online play, matchmaking and leaderboards for many Wii, Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games. For a comprehensive list of games and services that are affected, please check http://support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate. Users can still play the games in offline mode, which continues to offer a rich game-play experience. Read more...
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Reunites Friends for a New Wii U Adventure
You hear that? That's the sound of bananas being peeled all around the U.S. to celebrate the glorious launch of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. The newest game in the lauded Donkey Kong Country series swings to the Wii U system on Feb. 21, bringing with it beautiful high-definition graphics, cleverly designed platforming action and competitive online leaderboards. Read more...