The Legend of Zelda and Pikmin Headline Entertaining New Shows for Nintendo Video
Nintendo Video is ready to launch a fresh lineup of great new shows for the fall. The free video application for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems will debut new short-form videos starting Nov. 1 that will continue into 2014. Five new series have been slated, including two featuring The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3.
Owners who have downloaded the Nintendo Video application from the Nintendo eShop will automatically receive the new shows on their device, including:
- • The Legend of Zelda: The Misadventures of Link: This original series of comedic shorts shows Link, the series' star, in a new and hysterical light. His surroundings will be familiar to fans of the series, since the shorts are based on The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD game for the Wii U console.
- • Pikmin Nature Documentaries: These "nature documentaries" explore the wonderful world of the tiny Pikmin. The animations, highlighted by dramatic voiceover work, are a tongue-in-cheek take on safari nature shows.
- • Bravest Warriors: The latest hit show created by Pendleton Ward, the mind behind Adventure Time, follows four teenage heroes-for-hire as they warp through galaxies to save adorable aliens and their worlds using the power of their emotions. The series is produced by Frederator Studios and launched on the Cartoon Hangover channel on YouTube. New episodes of Bravest Warriors will appear every Friday on Nintendo Video.
- • Wildheart Riukiu: This new series of 3D shorts comes from the creator of Meat or Die, which has already amassed more than 5 million views on Nintendo Video. Wildheart Riukiu incorporates charming 16-bit graphics with some not-so-charming, but hilarious, characters. Think ninja puppets.
- • Bee and PuppyCat: A Cartoon Hangover Shorts fan favorite, this two-part series by Natasha Allegri follows Bee, an out-of-work 20-something who has a life-changing collision with a mysterious creature she names PuppyCat.
"This latest set of great new shows for Nintendo Video gives fans a unique way to enjoy two of their favorite Nintendo franchises, in addition to hand-picked series from some of the most imaginative and successful creators in the world of animation," said Tony Elison, Nintendo of America's senior director of Business Development.
Fred Siebert, founder and executive producer of Frederator Studios, producer of the new Bravest Warriors series, said, "Cartoon Hangover is honored to be part of Nintendo's entry into the new golden age of TV innovation."
Since launching in July 2011, Nintendo Video has delivered a variety of premiere and exclusive videos automatically to Nintendo 3DS owners. The Nintendo Video application is available to download for free from the Nintendo eShop.
For more information about Nintendo Video, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/nintendo-video. Remember that Nintendo 3DS features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
New Nintendo 3DS XL Bundle is a Dream Come True for Mario & Luigi Fans
The Year of Luigi continues into the holiday shopping season. Starting today on the "Cyber Monday of Luigi," a limited-edition, silver-colored Nintendo 3DS XL system featuring a fun image of Luigi running with his brother Mario is now available for purchase. The sleek system comes pre-installed with the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team game at a suggested retail price of $199.99. Read more...
Pokémon: BW Rival Destinies on Nintendo eShop
Starting on Nov 28th, you can follow the epic journey of your favorite Pokémon Trainer, Ash, in Pokémon: BW Rival Destinies on Nintendo eShop! Ten episodes from Pokémon: BW Rival Destinies, the Pokémon animated series, will be released on Nov 28th and then five more episodes will be released every week until Dec. 26, so be sure to visit the Nintendo eShop every Thursday to see what new adventures await Ash and his friends! Read more...
Coming Soon to the Nintendo eShop: Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo and the Rest of the Louvre
Nintendo has come up with some Nintendo 3DS software artistic enough to make even a 16th-century icon smile. For more than a year, visitors to the world-famous Louvre museum in Paris have been able to rent Nintendo 3DS systems loaded with software that serves as an interactive museum guide. Now Nintendo is making this software available to Nintendo 3DS owners everywhere. Read more...
Nintendo and Southwest Airlines bring friends, families and fun together for the holidays
Nintendo and Southwest Airlines surprised a full flight today, giving every single customer on board a free Wii U console. More than 100 passengers on flight 1883 from New Orleans to Dallas Love Field received Nintendo's HD video game system after they were greeted upon arrival by Mario himself. Mario surprised the customers with a special announcement during the flight, and Nintendo and Southwest Airlines representatives were on board to share in the fun. Read more...
Nintendo Turns Tryptophan into a "Trip-to-Fun"
Thanksgiving is all about spending time and having fun with family and friends. After eating a delicious turkey meal, what better way to change that tryptophan into a trip-to-fun than with an after-dinner serving of Nintendo? Starting this Thanksgiving weekend, Nintendo is offering a wide range of fantastic deals on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS that are sure to make this Thanksgiving holiday one to remember. Read more...
Three Huge Franchises, One Epic Nintendo Launch Day
For any Nintendo fan, Nov. 22 is going to be one of the best days of the year. On Friday, three new games in three extraordinary franchises are launching on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems. Super Mario 3D World for Wii U, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and Mario Party: Island Tour, also for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, are all launching in stores and in the Nintendo eShop. Read more...