Nintendo to Host Midnight Launch Event at Best Buy to Celebrate U.S. Launch of Nintendo 3DS
WHAT: New Yorkers are invited to leave their 3D glasses at home - permanently - and join Nintendo of America for a memorable midnight launch event for the new Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system. On March 26 at Best Buy’s Union Square location, consumers and video game fans of all kinds will be treated to live entertainment, branded giveaway items (while supplies last) and hands-on demonstrations of the new system, which lets users enjoy 3D visuals without the need for special glasses. Food trucks will also be on-site to offer refreshments throughout the event. Starting at midnight, attendees will have a chance to be among the first U.S. consumers to purchase Nintendo 3DS. The first 300 attendees to purchase the system will receive a special carrying case.
Starting at noon, consumers can enjoy sampling opportunities, music and other fun activities in Union Square Park (across the street from Best Buy). Playable Nintendo 3DS games will include nintendogs™ + cats, Pilotwings Resort™ and Steel Diver™ from Nintendo, Super Street Fighter® IV 3D Edition from CAPCOM, Madden NFL Football from EA SPORTS, LEGO® Star Wars® III: The Clone Wars™ from LucasArts™ and Asphalt™ 3D from UBISOFT.
More information about Nintendo 3DS can be found at http://nintendo3ds.com.
WHO: Adults, teens, tweens, parents, video game fans and consumers of all kinds
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Nintendo 3DS sampling: noon-8 p.m.
Launch event: 9 p.m.-2 a.m.
Best Buy in Union Square
One Union Square South (corner of E. 14th St. and Fourth Ave.)
New York, NY 10003
- Hundreds of fans camped out in front of Best Buy in Union Square for a chance to be among the first U.S. consumers to buy a Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime and Best Buy President of the Americas Michael Vitelli welcoming consumers to the official Nintendo 3DS launch event
- Attendees joining together for a midnight countdown as the launch approaches
- Enthusiastic crowds simultaneously tossing their 3D glasses into the air to celebrate the arrival of Nintendo 3DS
- Live in-store performance by one of New York City’s hottest bands, The HOTcakes
- Families and friends using the Nintendo 3DS Camera application to snap 3D photos of each other
- Consumers getting a first look at augmented-reality games and glasses-free 3D visuals on the Nintendo 3DS system