Evolved Forms of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie and More Mega-Evolved Pokemon Revealed
It was recently announced that Mewtwo can achieve Mega Evolution, an extremely powerful form that only certain Pokémon can access during battles in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. It is now known that Mewtwo can Mega Evolve into either Mega Mewtwo X or Mega Mewtwo Y, depending on which Mega Stone Mewtwo holds - Mewtwonite X or Mewtwonite Y. The previously announced Mega Mewtwo is in fact Mega Mewtwo Y; Mega Mewtwo X is being introduced for the first time today. Players can obtain Mewtwonite X in Pokémon X and Mega Evolve Mewtwo into Mega Mewtwo X, which gains the Fighting type to go along with its Psychic type. Players can Mega Evolve Mewtwo into Mega Mewtwo Y, whose Special Attack is greatly boosted, by obtaining Mewtwonite Y in Pokémon Y. Both titles launch worldwide on October 12, 2013, for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
An already powerful Dragon- and Ground-type Pokémon, Garchomp, can Mega Evolve into Mega Garchomp in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. The increased energy released by its Mega Evolution turns Mega Garchomp's arms into huge blades that send out a furious attack. Mega Garchomp’s Attack and Special Attack are greatly increased after it Mega Evolves, so its Dragon-type move Dragon Claw becomes extra ferocious.
Evolved Forms of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie Are Revealed!
Since the reveal earlier this year, Pokémon fans have debated which first partner Pokémon - Chespin, Fennekin, or Froakie - they are going to choose in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Players are now getting a first look at their evolved forms, featured in a new gameplay trailer released today on Pokemon.com/XY.
- • When Chespin evolves into Quilladin, the hard spikes on its body grow even sturdier, and it's able to withstand the impact of even something the size of a tractor-trailer truck without flinching. Its solid shell repels attacks while it strikes back with its pointed spines. The gentle Spiny Armor Pokémon never seeks out battles on its own, but when an opposing Pokémon strikes, it fights back! It can learn the Ground-type move Mud Shot, which does damage to opponents and lowers their Speed. This move is super effective against Fire-type Pokémon, which are usually tough opponents for Grass types like Quilladin.
- • Braixen is the evolved form of the Fire-type Fox Pokémon Fennekin. Players will notice that Braixen keeps a small twig tucked into its tail. Fennekin often snacks on a twig, but Braixen uses it in another way - the twig calms its mind and is also sometimes used in battle after being set aflame with a little friction. Braixen can learn the Psychic-type move Psyshock, a special move that deals damage based on the opponent’s Defense, as if it were a physical move. Players will want to use Psyshock on opponents that have high Special Defense.
- • Froakie has awesome jumping skills that are greatly improved when it evolves into Frogadier. This Bubble Frog Pokémon can reach to the top of a 2,000-foot tower with ease and eludes its opponents by leaping around ceilings or into trees. Frogadier can learn the Flying-type move Bounce, which sends the user into the air on its first turn so it can attack on the second. Bounce is super effective against Grass-type Pokémon, which often pose a challenge for Water types like Frogadier.
Trainers Can Show Their Style!
In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, players can visit boutiques and a salon to change their Trainers' outfits and hairstyles. You can change your clothes, hat, shoes, and accessories to show off your individual style and put together different looks. There are boutiques in many of the cities throughout the Kalos region, each with its own unique style. Adding to this customized feature, when players change their outfits and hairstyles, their icons on the Player Search System (PSS) update too!
Never-Before-Seen Pokémon That Possess Different Forms!
Some Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y possess a number of different forms, some of which are being revealed for the very first time today.
- • The stylish Poodle Pokémon, Furfrou, can be groomed into a number of different appearances. The more it is groomed, the more styles may become available, some of which are being shown for the first time today. Players will be alerted to Furfrou's grooming schedule, and if it’s left untended, its fur will grow long and shaggy, returning to Furfrou's original look. This Pokémon is very intelligent and loyal to its Trainer, and it's said that in ancient times Furfrou guarded the king of the Kalos region. Furfrou can learn Baby-Doll Eyes, a new Fairy-type move debuting in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that allows its user to go first regardless of Speed and can lower the opponent’s Attack stat.
- • Meowstic is a never-before-seen Psychic-type Pokémon that has different forms depending on its gender. This expressionless Constraint Pokémon does not show emotion to others, but it seems that some Trainers love the unsociable front it puts on. Unlike other Pokémon that have different forms based on gender, the moves Meowstic can learn will differ based on whether it’s male or female. Male Meowstic can learn the Psychic-type move Miracle Eye, a move that allows future moves to hit regardless of the opponent's evasion, making it a powerful support in battle. Female Meowstic are better at outright attacks and can learn the Psychic-type move Extrasensory, which not only does damage but can also cause the target to flinch so it can’t use moves on that turn.
Introducing More People You'll Meet!
More is known about Team Flare. Five Scientists are believed to be the driving force behind this mysterious group, each one identified by a different hairstyle and unique outfit. The purple-haired woman is Celosia, the orange-haired woman is Aliana, the green-haired woman is Bryony, and the blue-haired woman is Mable. There is one man among the Scientists, Xerosic, who is easily identifiable by his red goggles and fire-red hair. Their focus is world-changing, and they have a clear goal in mind, but what is it?
Everyone in the Kalos region loves Diantha, a famous movie star Trainers will meet during their journey. In addition to her acting career, Diantha is a Pokémon Trainer, though she seems to show more interest in other Trainers who have real potential.
For more information about Pokémon X and Pokémon Y for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, including new images and gameplay video featuring information announced today, please visit Pokemon.com/XY.
Be sure to check out Pokemon.com, Like the official Pokémon Facebook page at Facebook.com/Pokemon, and follow Pokémon on Twitter @Pokemon to ensure you’re receiving the latest Pokémon X and Pokémon Y news!
New Nintendo 3DS XL Bundle is a Dream Come True for Mario & Luigi Fans
The Year of Luigi continues into the holiday shopping season. Starting today on the "Cyber Monday of Luigi," a limited-edition, silver-colored Nintendo 3DS XL system featuring a fun image of Luigi running with his brother Mario is now available for purchase. The sleek system comes pre-installed with the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team game at a suggested retail price of $199.99. Read more...
Pokémon: BW Rival Destinies on Nintendo eShop
Starting on Nov 28th, you can follow the epic journey of your favorite Pokémon Trainer, Ash, in Pokémon: BW Rival Destinies on Nintendo eShop! Ten episodes from Pokémon: BW Rival Destinies, the Pokémon animated series, will be released on Nov 28th and then five more episodes will be released every week until Dec. 26, so be sure to visit the Nintendo eShop every Thursday to see what new adventures await Ash and his friends! Read more...
Coming Soon to the Nintendo eShop: Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo and the Rest of the Louvre
Nintendo has come up with some Nintendo 3DS software artistic enough to make even a 16th-century icon smile. For more than a year, visitors to the world-famous Louvre museum in Paris have been able to rent Nintendo 3DS systems loaded with software that serves as an interactive museum guide. Now Nintendo is making this software available to Nintendo 3DS owners everywhere. Read more...
Nintendo and Southwest Airlines bring friends, families and fun together for the holidays
Nintendo and Southwest Airlines surprised a full flight today, giving every single customer on board a free Wii U console. More than 100 passengers on flight 1883 from New Orleans to Dallas Love Field received Nintendo's HD video game system after they were greeted upon arrival by Mario himself. Mario surprised the customers with a special announcement during the flight, and Nintendo and Southwest Airlines representatives were on board to share in the fun. Read more...
Nintendo Turns Tryptophan into a "Trip-to-Fun"
Thanksgiving is all about spending time and having fun with family and friends. After eating a delicious turkey meal, what better way to change that tryptophan into a trip-to-fun than with an after-dinner serving of Nintendo? Starting this Thanksgiving weekend, Nintendo is offering a wide range of fantastic deals on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS that are sure to make this Thanksgiving holiday one to remember. Read more...