Nintendo Switch system update available now
The latest system version is 3.0.1
This system update addresses an issue in which the remaining battery charge can't be displayed accurately
- If the system's battery power display suddenly increases or decreases, it will gradually improve by following these steps.
A previous system update included features that let you:
- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS™ and Wii U™ Friend Lists to your Nintendo Switch™ console’s Friend List.
- Opt to receive notifications for when your friends appear online.*
- Search for missing controllers.
- Search for and subscribe to game-specific news content from the News List screen.
- Increase and decrease system volume via the Quick Settings menu. Headphone volume can also be set to a higher level.
How to update your Nintendo Switch console
- If your Nintendo Switch is connected to the internet, your console will download the update automatically.
- Once the download is complete, you’ll be asked if you’d like to install the update. Be sure to save any game progress before you continue.
- When you’re ready to install the update, choose “update” to install. Your console will restart to complete the update.