Excitebots: Trick Racing
High-speed action. Robotic insect and animal racers. Wii Wheel controls. Bowling, poker, clowns – and sandwiches! Add them all together and you get the wild, nonstop fun of Excitebots: Trick Racing.
- This game takes the big-air thrills and simple pick-up-and-play controls of Excite Truck™ and ramps up the fun with a constant barrage of funky challenges and mini-games performed at blinding speed. Players shoot goals, throw pies and even play poker in the middle of rowdy races around off-road tracks.
- Having your vehicles drive, walk or fly around the track quickly is one thing, but it's more important to go around in style. Players earn stars for huge jumps, cool tricks and daring feats at high speed.
How to progress through the game: Players race around tracks at high speeds while performing stunts and participating in mini-games, all in an effort to earn stars. Players win bonus stars for crossing the finish line sooner, but stunts and style are as important as speed. Stars can be traded for a variety of goodies, like new vehicles, icons and statues.
Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Just as in Excite Truck, drivers can hit blocks that morph the terrain before their eyes and create ramps from which players can launch mega-jumps. Players can aim for and swing around boost bars or open presents that unleash a variety of wild items, such as bottle rocket boosts or clacker mouths that chomp on other racers to slow them down. Players also can activate in-race mini-games including:
- Soccer: Drive into the soccer ball and attempt to hit it into the goal.
- Bowling: Drive through the pins and attempt to get a strike.
- Darts: Line up your bot and let the dart fly. Try to hit bull's-eye in the distance.
- Clowns: Hit the clown in the face with a pie by throwing it at just the right angle and speed.
- Sandwiches: Drive through the ingredients in the proper order to make a delicious sandwich.
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.