Available Now Coming Dec 18, 2013
Take on rapid-fire challenges from over a dozen legendary 8-bit games and play altered versions of classic levels. Prove you’ve got what it takes by tackling the best parts of famous games such as Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong™, and more. Replay challenges to improve your scores and share your accomplishments with other players online*.
Start out by completing simple challenges like collecting coins in the original Super Mario Bros. game or reaching the finish line in one race of Excitebike™. Then, test your skills by taking on increasingly difficult challenges, like attempting to complete one level of the original Donkey Kong game with only a spotlight on your character! Finish levels quickly to earn stars which unlock even more challenges from classic games like Balloon Fight™, Ice Climbers™, and Excitebike, just to name a few. Replay stages to improve your times and share your accomplishments with other players through the Miiverse™ online community*.
- Challenge action-packed chunks of retro Nintendo games
- Test your skills in a series of altered 8-bit challenges
- Features gameplay from more than a dozen 8-bit Nintendo games
- Replay stages to improve times and unlock more challenges
- Share your accomplishments with the Miiverse online community*
*Broadband Internet access required for online features. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com.
- System Wii U
- Release Date Dec 18, 2013
- No. of Players 1 player
- Category Action, Adventure
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?