Available Now Coming Sep 07, 2010
EA SPORTS NHL SLAPSHOT
Putting a Hockey Stick Right in Your Hands
The makers of the EA SPORTS™ NHL® Series, winning 22 “Sports Game of the Year” awards over the last three years, are proud to deliver the most fun and authentic sports experience for Nintendo Wii: EA SPORTS™ NHL® SLAPSHOT. Just pick up and play using the all-new accessible and intuitive NHL SLAPSHOT Hockey Stick, the game accessory that puts every pass, shot, check and deke in your hands. Jump right in to authentic 5-on-5 NHL action with all the real teams and players, or fulfill the ultimate dream of becoming an NHL All-Star by beginning a career at the Peewee level before working your way to the Pros, or take to the ice as ‘The Great One’, Wayne Gretzky, and play out the ultimate Hockey career. However you play it, NHL SLAPSHOT puts the game of hockey right in your hands.
- It’s in Your Hands—Deke, check, and shoot with the all-new NHL SLAPSHOT Hockey Stick game accessory, included with NHL SLAPSHOT. Simply plug the Wii Remote and Nunchuk into the hockey stick and take over any game like a true NHL All-Star.
- The Total Hockey Experience— Whether it’s 3-on-3, or 5-on-5 games, play with or against all the real players and teams from the CHL, AHL, and NHL. Play through a full NHL Season and Playoffs, for your chance to hoist the Stanley Cup!
- Play from Peewee to the Pros—In Peewee to Pros Mode, start your hockey career as a Peewee on the neighborhood rink playing 3-on-3, and work your way through Bantam and Junior leagues, to 5-on-5 in the NHL. Level up your skills and attributes as you learn hockey fundamentals during your journey to the Pros.
- Be the Next Great One—Play as NHL legend Wayne Gretzky. Wear jersey #99 and take to the ice as the Great One in Peewee to Pros mode, or in Play Now mode at any level. Gretzky also provides game day tips and coaching advice when playing a career of your own.
- Split-Screen Shootout!—Practice deking and shooting in a fun, split-screen mini-game for players of every skill level. Take shots on net to beat the goalie, or use your Nunchuk and Wii Remote as your glove and blocker to defend the net!
- Exciting New Mini-Games—Experience the mayhem of Free 4 All, the pressure of Classic Shootout, the fun of 2 on 2, and the competition of Shooter VS. Goalie against friends and family with four over-the-top multiplayer mini-games.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?