Available Now Coming Feb 10, 2009
Retro Game Challenge
Trapped in the '80s, complete challenges in various retro games to escape.
Thrown back in time to the 1980’s, you are turned into a young boy and forced to play video games by an evil self-proclaimed “Game Master”, Game Master Arino. Game Master Arino will test your gaming skills by throwing various challenges at you in a wide-variety of retro games including shooters, racing, action and even an epic role-playing game - your only way to return is to defeat him in every retro game challenge he throws at you.
But you are not alone in your quest – armed with access to gaming magazines, cheat codes can be found to warp to later levels, receive unlimited continues or even become invincible! A young Arino is at your side to keep you company during your challenges, quite amused at the fact that he grows up to be so evil in the future to be the cause of your current predicament.
Test your skills with the awesomeness of the 8-bit era and prevent the
retro games from exacting their revenge!
- Experience Games in a Whole New Way – Rather than simply playing a game straight from start to finish, each game is played in short spurts to accomplish specific goals.
- Wide-variety of Games to Keep Player Engaged – From classic shooters to racing, ninja action to epic role-playing, game play variety ensures there’s something for everyone.
- Entire Games Available for Free Play – Every retro game that is introduced in the story is available in its entirety once the initial challenges have been completed.
- Experience the 80’s Gaming Culture – Not only do the in-game magazines provide cheat codes, they are a source of entertainment and a virtual history lesson about the video game industry as fake 80’s news stories cover actual emerging 80’s gaming trends, evolution of software, and even the video game crash of 1983.
- System Nintendo DS
- Release Date Feb 10, 2009
- No. of Players 1 player
- Category Compilation
- PublisherXSEED Games
- DeveloperNAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?