Available Now Coming Mar 15, 2012
Side-scrolling ninja action from SEGA. Game Gear's original Shinobi™.
Only you can save them. As Joe Musashi, Red leader of the Oboro School
of Shinobi, your destiny awaits. An evil force emanating from Neo City
has captured your fellow students. Attack with your powerful katana as
you battle for their freedom. Each ninja you rescue adds their
formidable weaponry, training and Ninjutsu magic to yours.
Destroy the enemies with bombs, shurikens, a crescent blade and more. Use the magic of the ninja to wreak havoc with the force of a tornado or the blinding glow of lightning. When all else fails, turn your body into a living bomb and explode with concussive damage. Do not stop until the City of Fear is annihilated! Are you ready for the challenge of Ninja warfare?
- Special abilities include running on water, swinging from a crecent blade and walking on ceilings
- Ninjutsu magic includes tornadoes, earthquakes and energy fields
© SEGA. All right reserved. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA, the SEGA logo, and Shinobi are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Music © Yuzo Koshiro.
This game is only playable in 2D.
This classic game is part of the Virtual Console service, which brings you great games created for consoles such as NES™, Super NES™ and Game Boy™ Advance. See more Virtual Console games for Nintendo 3DS.
- System Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date Mar 15, 2012
- No. of Players 1 player
- Category Action, Adventure
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?