Chessmaster: The Art of Learning expands the scope of chess to include
broader principles of learning. Josh Waitzkin's much-anticipated book
The Art of Learning (Free Press) is designed to pave the road to
successful long-term growth on and off the chessboard. The eight-time
National Chess Champion and two-time martial arts World Champion puts
users in his shoes in some of the most riveting and formative moments of
his chess career, including the legendary climactic game from the book
and film Searching for Bobby Fischer. Waitzkin then turns to the
classics, introducing beginners to brilliant games from some of the most
important players in the history of chess. In his most revealing
commentary ever, Waitzkin not only teaches the beginning chess player
the fundamentals of the game, but also humanizes the road to mastery.
Never has chess been so exciting.
• PLAYER PROFILE
-Four player profiles are supported, each profile stores the player’s
progress and performance ratings.
• LEARN CHESS
- Extensive course on the basics of chess taught by International Chess
Master Josh Waitzkin.
- Tutorials inspired by Josh Waitzkin’s groundbreaking book The Art of
- Training mode: Play one of many predefined opponents and analyze your
- Ranked Play: Test your skills against a variety of opponents and
establish your rating.
- Set up a position to solve chess problems or reproduce famous
• MINI-GAMES / PUZZLES
- Play one of six original mini-games including Fork My Fruit,
Minefield, Masterpiece, Chain Reaction, Breaking the Lines, and Pawn
- Sharpen your brain by solving up to seven different categories of
chess puzzles meant to improve your skills.
- Play one-on-one with a friend using Nintendo DS wireless play.
- Master one of five new chess variants with friends, including
Progressive Chess, Dark Chess, Extinction Chess, Losing Chess, and Los
• GAME SHARING
- Play chess or chess variants with a friend who doesn’t have the Game
Card. Download 2 mini-games to another DS.