Available Now Coming Oct 14, 2008
FIFA Soccer 09
Play professional soccer your way in EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 09. From the moment you step onto the pitch, FIFA 09 challenges you to think and react like a real player through the popular feature innovation Be A Pro. Play over multiple seasons and the mode features the unique Be A Pro camera that tracks your player, re-creating the excitement and rush of racing in on a goal. You choose a professional player or create your own player and then develop his skills in the outfield position of your choice until he becomes a national legend. Every match performance is evaluated in real-time with in-game feedback and a final rating. For the first time play with up to three friends all playing fixed to single players on your favorite club or go head-to-head with a single cart and local multiplayer.
Contextual Shooting Control - Deliver precise, skillful shots around the box or use your power to blast away from long range Online Play - Challenge your rivals across the world via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Single Card Play - Go head-to-head against a friend who has another Nintendo DS in a Single-Card Play wireless match even if they don't own the game Complete Authenticity over 500 licensed teams and 30 leagues
- 60 Frames Per Second - Double the frame rate and over 100 new animations deliver more responsive, intelligent and realistic physical action
- Be A Pro - Pick a professional player or create a player and test your ability. Master positioning, improve your attributes and develop into an elite player. Co-operate with up to three friends fixed to their player on the same team or go head-to-head as rivals with a single cart and local multiplayer
- Real-Time Feedback
- Penalty Shoot-Out Mode?New shot animations add a variety of new shots to your arsenal to strike the ball past the goalie
- New Slide Tackles - Defenders now have the ability to execute slide tackle to interrupt passes or block shots in addition to winning challenges
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?