We're sorry, but chat isn't available at the moment. Agents may be helping other customers or Live Chat may be closed.
Please check back soon.
6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. PT
7 days a week
Available Now Coming Mar 20, 2007
A classic story about family, respect, and loyalty, Mario Puzo’s The Godfather and the Paramount Pictures film based on that novel serve as the game’s inspiration. The Godfather Blackhand Edition puts you at the center of the action in one of history’s most revered cinematic masterpieces, allowing you to choose your path as you rise from lowly outsider to envied and feared Don in a living world 1945–1955 New York.
The Godfather Blackhand Edition for Wii offers countless choices for solving the family’s problems with brutal violence, skillful diplomacy, or a cunning mix of both. Use your powers of loyalty and fear to earn respect through interactions with police, businessmen, racket bosses, other mobsters, and more. The decisions you make have lasting consequences, just as they do in the legendary mob underworld of The Godfather books and films.
The Godfather film featured many of Hollywood’s finest actors and several are contributing to the game’s development. Actors lending their voices to add a dramatic and cinematic touch to the game include the late Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone, James Caan as Sonny Corleone, and Robert Duvall as consigliore Tom Hagen.
• The World of The Godfather: Experience a decade of the mafia in a living world New York City from 1945–55 with enhancements to racket truck heists, extortions, targeting, living world gameplay, and much more.
• Blackmail, Favors, Extortion….Keys to the Criminal Enterprise: Perform all new favors in to increase your rep with local businesses and the Family or extort the local shopkeepers to put more money in your pocket. Chat up and exploit the “ladies” to get dirt on the local fuzz for additional protection from the law.
• Fight for the Family: The Godfather Blackhand Edition on Wii features more contract hits with new family compounds to explore, control and destroy.
• Control Freak: For improved, hyper-intuitive Blackhand Control use gestures with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to really beat down your opposition, or point directly at the screen using the Wii Remote for pinpoint firearm accuracy. Throw punches and hooks, swing a baseball bat, toss a grabbed enemy through a window, and much more
• Increase Your Crew: Advance up the criminal ladder in the Corleone Family and gain the ability to hire an entire Hit Squad for truly dangerous assignments.
• Explosive Death: Plant car bombs on stationary vehicles and watch the impressive explosions light up the sky.
• Classic Film Moments: Take on film-based and original missions as you interact with classic characters and experience unforgettable moments from the film.
• Put Yourself in The Godfather: Create your own mobster and get a piece of the action by putting yourself in a living, open-world New York City.
• Choose Your Path: Earn respect and customize your character’s abilities. Will you invest in the intimidation skills of the Enforcer or the negotiation skills of the Operator?
• Persistent World: Interact freely with an assortment of characters. The characters remember your interactions—whether you were diplomatic, accommodating, or brutal—and will respond appropriately when you meet again.
• Control New York: Your bid to take control of the Corleone Family and make New York City your own will be challenged by the other four families from the fiction: Tattaglia, Cuneo, Barzini, and Stracci.
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.