• The World of The Godfather: Experience a decade of the mafia in a
living world New York City from 1945–55 with enhancements to racket
truck heists, extortions, targeting, living world gameplay, and much
• Blackmail, Favors, Extortion….Keys to the Criminal Enterprise: Perform
all new favors in to increase your rep with local businesses and the
Family or extort the local shopkeepers to put more money in your pocket.
Chat up and exploit the “ladies” to get dirt on the local fuzz for
additional protection from the law.
• Fight for the Family: The Godfather Blackhand Edition on Wii features
more contract hits with new family compounds to explore, control and
• Control Freak: For improved, hyper-intuitive Blackhand Control use
gestures with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to really beat down your
opposition, or point directly at the screen using the Wii Remote for
pinpoint firearm accuracy. Throw punches and hooks, swing a baseball
bat, toss a grabbed enemy through a window, and much more
• Increase Your Crew: Advance up the criminal ladder in the Corleone
Family and gain the ability to hire an entire Hit Squad for truly
• Explosive Death: Plant car bombs on stationary vehicles and watch the
impressive explosions light up the sky.
• Classic Film Moments: Take on film-based and original missions as you
interact with classic characters and experience unforgettable moments
from the film.
• Put Yourself in The Godfather: Create your own mobster and get a piece
of the action by putting yourself in a living, open-world New York City.
• Choose Your Path: Earn respect and customize your character’s
abilities. Will you invest in the intimidation skills of the Enforcer or
the negotiation skills of the Operator?
• Persistent World: Interact freely with an assortment of characters.
The characters remember your interactions—whether you were diplomatic,
accommodating, or brutal—and will respond appropriately when you meet
• Control New York: Your bid to take control of the Corleone Family and
make New York City your own will be challenged by the other four
families from the fiction: Tattaglia, Cuneo, Barzini, and Stracci.
A classic story about family, respect, and loyalty, Mario Puzo’s The
Godfather and the Paramount Pictures film based on that novel serve as
the game’s inspiration. The Godfather Blackhand Edition puts you at the
center of the action in one of history’s most revered cinematic
masterpieces, allowing you to choose your path as you rise from lowly
outsider to envied and feared Don in a living world 1945–1955 New York.
The Godfather Blackhand Edition for Wii offers countless choices for
solving the family’s problems with brutal violence, skillful diplomacy,
or a cunning mix of both. Use your powers of loyalty and fear to earn
respect through interactions with police, businessmen, racket bosses,
other mobsters, and more. The decisions you make have lasting
consequences, just as they do in the legendary mob underworld of The
Godfather books and films.
The Godfather film featured many of Hollywood’s finest actors and
several are contributing to the game’s development. Actors lending their
voices to add a dramatic and cinematic touch to the game include the
late Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone, James Caan as Sonny Corleone,
and Robert Duvall as consigliore Tom Hagen.