Available Now Coming Mar 17, 2009
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
Pro Evolution Soccer is back for 2009! The terms “PES” and “Winning Eleven” have always been synonymous with realism and superior gameplay, but this year PES will further narrow the gap between the game, and the real thing! New stadiums, players, motions and gameplay modes will bolster a game already focused on providing an exciting soccer experience. In 2009, Pro Evolution will once again push the limits of soccer gaming with the addition of the UEFA Champions League mode. Now the most prestigious soccer tournament in Europe is at your fingertips. If it were any more real, you’d be on the field!
PES will test your soccer wits and build your understanding of the game by allowing you complete control of your players on the field. The controller settings allow you to run precision lines to split up defenses and on-point precise passes. Your shots on goal will be more accurate based on your skills and your position relative to the goal.
This all amounts to is a free flowing soccer game experience only
available in Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 for Wii.
- Choose from three different controller styles to fit your preference as you control all your actions on the field
- PES 2009 for Wii is graced with the UEFA Champions League allowing Wii gamers to play against the most elite clubs in Europe and take part in this heralded competition.
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?