Available Now Coming Sep 29, 2009
Bass Pro Shops' The Strike
Quite the catch for gamers and outdoor enthusiasts alike.
The Strike literally puts the fishing rod in players’ hands as they head out to their favorite hot spots, including several popular lakes in North America. By combining high-quality, realistic game play, The Strike is quite the catch for gamers and outdoor enthusiasts alike.
• "All-Gamer Appeal: Gamers of all levels will be happy with The Strike,
as it offers four modes of entertaining gameplay.
• Tournament Fishing and The Bass Pro Invitational: In Career Mode gamers will need to understand the equipment, topography of the lakes, and specific fish behaviors in order to succeed. Players will be guided by the true rules of tournament bass fishing just like they would if they were fishing in real life.
• Advanced Engine Technology: The Strike uses the advanced Infernal Engine which provides incredible water effects above and below the water, real-time time–of-day light effects, high quality 3D fish models, and realistic fish and lure movements.
• Amazing Lakes: Ten of North America’s greatest lakes are realistically depicted, so players can recognize key landmarks and find their favorite fishing spots.
• Advanced Underwater World: The Strike features advanced topography visuals never-before-seen in a fishing game. Lakebeds are detailed to include weeds, fallen trees, and rocks, along with life-like fish and lure movements, making for an authentic experience.
• Abundance of Fish: The Strike features a large variety of fresh water fish, including Largemouth bass, Smallmouth bass, Striped bass, and Kentucky spotted bass, Walleye, Northern and more. Each lake also contains a legendary fish of record proportions that will challenge even the best players and experienced fishermen.
• Variety of Equipment: Players can tailor their equipment by going to the Bass Pro Shops in-game store to select lures, rods, and reels. In tournaments, players can win new boats.
• Statistics: The Strike tracks players’ fishing data, ranging from the number of successful casts to the most popular lure. The game also tracks the total weight of each species of fish caught and individual lake totals, tournaments won, etc."
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?