We're sorry, but chat isn't available at the moment. Agents may be helping other customers or Live Chat may be closed.
Please check back soon.
6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. PT
7 days a week
Available Now Coming Apr 12, 2011
From the makers of the hit ICE AGE series comes RIO, a 3D comedy adventure about Blu, a rare domesticated bird who travels to the exotic land of Rio. In this multiplayer video game, Blu goes on the adventure of his life, with the help of his female counterpart, Jewel, and a group of wise-cracking and smooth-talking city birds! Blu and his new friends journey through Rio, dodging soccer balls, collecting tropical fruits and soaring across the beach. He participates in amazing games and ultimately, forms a conga line and dances his way to first place at the Carnaval ceremony. While the main character is Blu, players will also have a chance to play as the other characters from the movie in this multiplayer party game!
• Over 40 Mini-Games: Compete in a variety of action-packed mini-games
that keep players coming back for more!
• 6 Playable Characters: Play as your favorite characters: Blu, Jewel, Pedro, Nico, Raphael, and Eva!
• 5 Unique Modes: Play your own selection of mini-games in the way you want (Story, Party, Carnaval, Carnaval Wheel, and Garland Gala)!
• Drop-in and Drop-out Multiplayer: Jump in to challenge your friends (up to 4 players) at any point in the game!
• Recreate your Favorite Moments: Journey through the rainforest, Copacabana Beach, Rio streets and much more!
To get started, simply log into (or create) your Nintendo Account.
Before downloading, be sure to link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account and visit the Nintendo eShop on your device at least once.Log in or create an account
Your demo is on its way. Please check the status of this download on your device.
We noticed that your account's country setting is set to Canada, but you're viewing the U.S. version of Nintendo.com.
If you’d like to purchase a game or see product details for your region, please switch to the Canadian version of the site.