Available Now Coming Nov 04, 2008
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa Video Game
The Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa Video Game takes players on a whole new action-packed journey through 12 diverse levels featuring tons of wildy fun mini-games and an expanded multiplayer tournament mode that lets fans experience a number of outlandish competitions alongside or against friends.
Following the success of the 2005 blockbuster hit and #1 kid’s movie game Madagascar comes an all-new wacky adventure in the Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa Video Game. Based on the upcoming feature film from DreamWorks Animation, the four famous zoo animals – Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe and Gloria the Hippo – and their entire madcap Madagascar crew take players on a whole new action-packed journey to help save the African savannah. Assuming the roles of all their favorite characters, including those crafty penguins, players must work through 12 distinct levels featuring a variety of wild adventures and fun mini-games. In addition to the diverse single-player gameplay, the Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa Video Game delivers an enhanced multiplayer tournament mode allowing gamers to participate in outlandish competitions alongside or against friends and family.
- Relive all-new adventures from the movie and more – Players experience the hilarious antics, characters and environments from the film and discover all-new game exclusive adventures co-created by DreamWorks Animation and Activision.
- Play as all your favorite movie characters in three distinct game-play modes – Players discover each character’s unique abilities and combat skills, learning new and special moves along the way while working through action-platforming sequences featuring Alex, Marty, Melman, and Gloria. Fans will also experience gameplay as the hilarious penguins in the Fly Another Day DS mini-game exclusive or as the adorable Mort in Mort Pinball.
- Special Moves, DS Style - Players can perform special moves as Alex, Marty or Gloria by using the DS touch screen or as Melman utilizing the handheld system's microphone.
- Take the puzzle challenge – Players encounter puzzle sequences in the Block Dropper and Puzzle o' Crates challenges that require concentration, action and touch screen input to mimic patterns of flashing blocks.
- System Nintendo DS
- Release Date Nov 04, 2008
- No. of Players 1 player
- Category Action, Adventure
- DeveloperAmaze Entertainment
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?