Available Now Coming May 04, 2009
New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
The highly rated Nintendo GameCube game, created by the same team that developed Super Mario Galaxy, returns with enhanced motion controls and new surprises.
- The Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers put Donkey Kong's actions right in players' hands. Players use buttons and motion controls to move through the game. When it comes time to box with bosses, players punch with both hands.
- As Donkey Kong, players brave a jungle adventure by swinging, soaring, swimming and using acrobatic moves. But the goal isn't to run through levels as quickly as possible – the real skill lies in stringing moves together to travel like a daredevil, touching the ground as little as possible.
- The game's imaginative worlds now have many areas partially redesigned to take full advantage of the new Wii controls. Newcomers will enjoy its fantastic jungles, dazzling caverns and wondrous seas, while fans of the original will discover fresh thrills as they take on the challenge of the new controls.
Game storyline: Donkey Kong sets out to prove he's king of the jungle and beyond. He rampages through lava caves, savage seas and crazy locales like a ninja-chimp fortress. Only when Donkey Kong defeats all the kings of his world – by boxing with apes, rabid warthogs, ballistic elephants and giant birds – can he call himself king.
Players who traveled the lands of the original Donkey Kong Jungle Beat will notice some changes to the kingdoms, such as additional enemies and obstacles, plus features like Skull Stones, Shock Spheres and classic Cannon Barrels. In addition, new monkey friends appear on many levels. Helper Monkeys give hints about how to survive the kingdoms and score more bananas, while Checkpoint Monkeys let players restart from midway through a level with their checkpoint banana total intact. The game also includes two surprises at the end: a boss-rush against all the Kongs and a victory feast for Donkey Kong once he has become the king of everything.
How to progress through the game: Players run, jump, swim, battle, swing on vines and collect bananas as they explore beautiful side-scrolling environments that span volcano caves, snowy peaks and fantastic skyscapes. Players also must hitch rides on parrots and killer whales, bounce off pinball-like obstacles and battle tons of bizarre enemies. Players collect bananas as they go, but the real trick lies in building up combo multipliers. This is done by linking different mid-air moves like vine swings, backflips and wall springs to avoid returning to the ground. If players sustain a combo in mid-air, all bananas collected during the combo are multiplied by that combo, which leads to much higher banana scores.
Characters: Donkey Kong, little monkey pals and ridable animal friends, like the wildebeest Hoofer and killer whale Orco. Dozens of outlandish enemies, like bloated Bumblebuzzes, speedy Ninjapes and the runaway-train-like Iguanagons.
Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Players control Donkey Kong's running, jumping and banana grabbing by using the control stick and buttons. Motion controls turn a player's hands into Donkey Kong's hands – moving the Wii Remote and Nunchuk gives the realistic feeling of grabbing vines, boxing or unleashing a powerful sound-wave clap.
- System Wii
- Release Date May 04, 2009
- No. of Players 1 player
- Category Action
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?