Available Now Coming Jun 27, 2010
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Resurrection & Redemption
Take aim and blast your way through a post-apocalyptic world packed with nonstop arcade shooter action. Sin & Punishment™: Star Successor is the long-awaited sequel to the Japanese Nintendo 64 cult-classic. This series debut in North America delivers an intense, adrenaline-soaked thrill ride that never lets up from start to finish as Isa and Kachi go on the run and on the defensive, shooting everything as a host of enemies try to hunt them down. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor brings a one of a kind shooter gameplay created by the undisputed masters of the genre.
- Players can take to the skies with a jetpack or hovering skateboard-like device to dodge enemy attacks or get a better lock on their targets. Get an extra bonus for staying grounded while avoiding injury. Various stages require understanding intricate patterns as players’ characters side-scroll, race on vehicles or zip in every direction through a devastated post apocalyptic world. Players can fire at targets in the distance or for close-range targets use sword attacks.
- The precision pointing abilities of the Wii Remote controller make targeting enemies a snap. Players have the option of controlling their characters using the Wii Remote-Nunchuk combination, the Classic Controller, the Classic Controller Pro, Nintendo Gamecube controller or the Wii Zapper.
- Choose from two playable characters with unique combat abilities.
- It’s all about the score multiplier. The better a player’s skills, the more multiplier points are earned, and the higher the overall score. Players will want to play the game again and again to beat their personal best on each level.
- Created by TREASURE, the developers behind Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun and Gunstar Heroes, the game pushes the boundaries of the shooter genre with horders of enemies, massive bosses and explosive graphics.
- Endless waves of enemies got you down? A second player can join the fight to dish out twice the punishment.
- An online international leaderboard lets players see how their scores stack up against players from other countries. Players will play again and again, and try to unlock even more points by figuring out and performing coin and medal-achieving tricks, in order to get an international-caliber score.
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- System Wii
- Release Date Jun 27, 2010
- No. of Players 2 players simultaneous
- Category Arcade, Shooter
- DeveloperTreasure Co., Ltd.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?