Available Now Coming Jun 07, 2009
The Legendary Starfy
Nintendo's Newest Five-Sided Hero
Beneath Starfy's glamorous exterior pulses the heart of a true hero. He can handle anything anyone throws at him. Swift ocean currents, bottomless pits and hordes of enemies daunting for a lesser hero, but not Starfy, Nintendo's newest platforming sensation.
- Starfy has been a hero in Japan for years, and The Legendary Starfy marks his North American debut.
- Players must guide Starfy through a variety of lush environments to the end of each stage by swimming, jumping and bouncing - all while defeating comical enemies and big bosses. No two stages are alike. Each one has its own mazes, puzzles and challenges to keep Starfy on his toes.
- Starfy's main ability is the Star Spin, an attack that propels him into his enemies with great force. It also lets him burst through walls and barriers, or power through strong currents. As the adventure continues, Starfy learns new skills, such as the Shooting Star attack, which lets him shoot into the ground like a meteor, and Air Jump, which gives him increased jumping abilities.
- One of Starfy's key powers is his ability to transform into four different, powerful forms. Each one grants him special powers to help him overcome the obstacles he encounters throughout the game: Monstar, a dragonthat spits fire; Starpedo, an Arctic seal with acrobatic abilities; Starfright, a spooky specter; and Roostar, a super-squawking chicken that lays sonic eggs.
- Players can link with friends over a local wireless connection and face off in a variety of mini-games that involve fishing (Fishing Derby), racing (Depth Chargers), tracing shapes in the sand (Sand Tracer) and even cooking (Dumpling Master).
- Players can connect with friends through a local wireless connection to play through a selection of the game's stages as Starfy and his sister, Starly.
- System Nintendo DS
- Release Date Jun 07, 2009
- No. of Players 1 player
- Category Platformer
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?