Available Now Coming Jun 09, 2009
Virtua Tennis 2009
The number one Tennis Game now on Wii for the first time!
Virtua Tennis™ 2009 maintains the unprecedented realism and pin-point gameplay mechanics the series is known for and also now features improved shot accuracy, more control on serves and the chance to compete for the esteemed Davis Cup.
- Wii MotionPlus™ Controls – Virtua Tennis™ 2009 on Wii for the first time using the most advanced control system Wii has to offer with improved shot accuracy, more control on serves and much more.
- New Player Creation System – Players can customize their character’s face, body and clothing from a huge variety of options with improvements to hair, skin and texture detail.
- Enhanced World Tour – Players challenge over 20 licensed pro’s from Roger Federer to Maria Sharapova, vying for cash and trophies, as well as compete in the all-new Davis Cup.
- Additional Players / Courts – Over 20 of the world’s top players, including eight new to Virtua Tennis and three legends, take to the court in new arenas. Dubai and Shanghai have been added to the 40 existing courts for a huge level of variety, complete with 3D crowds.
- Tennis Academy – Players have the opportunity to learn footwork, ground stroke, volley, serve and technique from the greats including Stefan Edberg and Tim Henman.
- More Court Games – In 12 mini-games, six completely new, players can improve their quick reactions in games such as Alien Attack, Avalanche, and Meat Defender.
- New Online Ranking System – Now fully integrated with online features, players will rise through the ranks and compete for the ultimate title on worldwide leaderboards.
- Find out more about Wii MotionPlus
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?