Restore color to a darkened, magical world in a friendship-filled
picturesque action adventure.
Restore color to a darkened, magical world in a friendship-filled picturesque action adventure.
Okamiden blends vivid myth, artistic action and innovation only possible on Nintendo DS. Use the DS stylus as a powerful celestial brush that attacks enemies, paints helpful objects into existence and performs exceptional feats that change the world before the player’s eyes. Team with in-game partners to solve puzzles and face perilous challenges.
• Canvas and Brush: The touch screen and stylus of the Nintendo DS are
the ideal tools to simulate Okamiden’s trademark celestial brush. The
stylus brushstrokes are pressure sensitive which helps to accurately
depict the look and feel of Sumi-e artwork – a graceful watercolor art.
• Partner-Up: Using the in-game Partner System, players can join forces with new characters in the game, each possessing unique abilities that will help Chibiterasu defeat enemies and conquer puzzles.
• Striking Visuals: The beauty of the highly stylized Japanese calligraphy and scroll paintings are depicted in pixel-perfect handheld glory.
• Dynamic Action: Employ brush techniques learned from various celestial deities and Power Slash, Bloom, and battle a diverse lineup of monsters and demons rooted in Japanese folklore.
• Interactive Puzzles: Draw bridges into existence, transverse canyons, and connect winding paths through space by using the celestial brush and the abilities of Chibiterasu’s partners.
• Ensemble Cast: Meet an endearing cast of characters as you restore order to the land while learning lessons from majestic, playful deities. Many characters will be easily recognizable to fans of Okami while several are new to the series.
• Compelling Narrative: Okamiden tells an amazing story that is both morally impactful and fun. With a complex mix of themes like friendship, responsibility and love between parent and child, players are promised a memorable experience that will be appreciated for its depth, humor, and universal truths.