Available Now Coming Oct 29, 2007
Battalion Wars 2
Command the armies of the Solar Empire.
Tricked into believing that the Solar Empire is developing a devastating super-weapon, Commander Pierce and Colonel Windsor of the Anglo Isles launch a pre-emptive strike. General Herman and Brigadier Betty of the Western Frontier are on garrison duty in the Solar Empire when the Anglos strike, and assist Empress Lei-Qo and Admiral A-Qira in repelling the invaders. But as the nations of the world, including the Tundran Territories, are once again propelled into all-out conflict, it becomes clear that a shadowy figure is pulling the strings from afar. Can it be that the power-hungry Kaiser Vlad of Xylvania has returned? And what does this have to do with the centuries-old conflict between the Iron Legion and the Solar Empire?
- Take command with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk: Command and control everything from tanks and helicopter gunships to naval battleships and submarines, and deploy an array of different soldiers.
- Connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to battle against other players all over the world, or join with friends to play co-operatively. Battalion Wars 2 features three multiplayer modes and 16 unique multiplayer levels. Battle head-to-head in the skirmish and assault modes or team up with another player in co-op mode.
- Tactics are everything: Players control every aspect of the battle as they command units, capture facilities and advance toward their primary objectives. When not actively commanding, players can take direct control of any soldier or vehicle in the field and leap into the fray.
- Combat rages on land, sea and air as players command six different armies through five theaters of war, each with its own unique commanding officers.
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- System Wii
- Release Date Oct 29, 2007
- No. of Players 2 players simultaneous
- Category Action, Strategy
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?