What's your Go-to move?
Providing an unrivaled level of authenticity, NBA LIVE 08 introduces hot spots, using real NBA shot data to illuminate the locationson the floor where your players are most effective. Couple this with all-new signature go-to moves that capture the essence of the NBA's best, and you can now play the game on a console like you see it from the stands. All-new shooting mechanics - from deep three-point shots well beyond the arc to 10-foot jump shots in the paint, every shot attempt has been redesigned to provide more fluid, realistic results. Dunks and lay-ups are now assigned to the same button command making highlight reel plays even easier to perform. Running at a smooth 60 frames per second, NBA LIVE 08 is as close as you can get to the court, without dropping a dime for courtside seats. Player faces, team uniforms, and authentic arenas jump to life behind the power of next-generation game graphics. Whether you're working on your game in the revamped practice gym, or playing in front of a packed house, feel what it's like to be an NBA superstar.
- Jump In with EA SPORTS Family Play - Now there's two ways to play! Grab a controller and interrupt the computer at any time to take control of your team. You control your team’s shooting, passing, and steals on defense, and leave the rest up to the AI.
- NBA LIVE 08 Party - Play the Slam Dunk Contest and 3-Point Shootout with your friends in your living room, and track your scores with your Mii™ avatar. Each game is a turn-based, multiplayer experience for up to four players offline.
- Dominate with Your Go-To Move - Take command of the game by busting out a signature go-to move when you need it most.
- Up the Ante with Superstar Challenge - Re-live the greatest moments from last year’s NBA season. Think you could have come through in the clutch for that comeback? Think you could get hot and hit 40? Prove it with goal based achievements in Superstar Challenge.
- Make your Nation Proud - Show your patriotism and play as your national team with 8 teams integrated right into play now.